• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Picanto and Current Car Market

Sura1973

I observe many advertisements to sell Kia Picantos of 2016 and 2017 for a price tag less than 3m. I wonder why the owners tend to do so. Personally I loved that car but finally went for a Japanese one just because Picanto lacking rear leg space and average fuel consumption (as heard). But is there any other reason people changing the car this soon? Is it assembled in India and can that be the reason?

Edited by Sura1973

1 hour ago, Sura1973 said:

I observe many advertisements to sell Kia Picantos of 2016 and 2017

Well this could also mean many Picanto's were brought over the last couple of years  - it's logical that if a certain model is brought in large quantities the number of the same model for sale is also high. Observe that there are a lot of Registered 2016/17 Axios for sale too. 

price tag less than 3m

well you can't sell a used car for the price of a brand new 

Is it assembled in India

As per Wikipedia 

Assembly South Korea: Seosan(Donghee)[16][17]
Malaysia: Gurun (NAM)
Taiwan: Hsinchu (Sanyang)[18]
Vietnam: Chu Lai (Thaco Kia)
Algeria: Batna (GLOVIZ) 

In short we will never know why people sell the picanto :D maybe it was brought by folks well beyond their means or they didn't actually need a car but brought to keep up with their neighbors or maybe they are all queuing up to buy the Civic 1L Turbo. Just because a certain model gets resold a lot doesn't particularly mean there's something wrong with it :)

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

Most of the people buy the Picanto thinking it will do 15-20 kmpl then they find out it does only 10-12 kmpl so they sell and queue up to buy Wagon R as it is suppose to do 20-25 kmpl.

You really cant sell a car for the same price unless the price of the new car significantly increases due to tax, exchange rate etc.

Picanto prices decreased with the new duty structure and there was a model change in latter 2017 so naturally the older model sells for less than Rs. 3.0 Mn. Original price of the 2016 if i remember correct was Rs. 3.2 Mn. So considering the above facts they are doing pretty well in the used market.

You should be really disappointed about the car because not only the 2nd hand sellers who used it for around 3 years the comapny is selling it for less than 3million with a 5 year warrenty. :D

On a serious note a car which is sold in the company with such a warrenty and a facelift and 3year olds going for prices close to 3mill means that the car is doing well in the 2nd hand market.

This car was bought by modern young families (And also as a 2nd car).If they were old they would have a sedan and if conventional gone for an alto bulto or wa gonR. 

So when these people collect some money they tend to upgrade their car. In 3 yeara they must have saved enough to up grade to something like a kia rio audia1 q2 etc. 

So it may not be just an issue with a car they are being sold relatively new