• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bajaj re 4s tuk vs bajaj cute - re 60

sfernando

Hi all,

I heard bajaj is planning to launch bajaj cute first quadracycle to Sri Lanka this month. 

Since I am planning to buy new bajaj tuk or this new car, I would like to know your opinions on this.

How Wii be resale value? Would this car fit in to SL roads? Etcc.

The qute thing is a bad bad bad idea. If you value your family's life, get an old japanese car or at least a maruti. 

The category called quadricycle was created for a reason. Its too dangerous to be called a car. Calling tata nano 'a car' is stretching it but it still qualifies to be a car. Qute on the other hand, does not!

Btw I travel to India quite frequently but never saw a bajaj qute on the road. Even tge indians have probably rejected it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sfernando said:

Thanks. How about bajaj tuk tuk. Is it ok?

Would I buy a Tuk Tuk? Never.. If my budget was less than 500k, I would buy an old KE72 or a Mazda 323. Below that.. I would take the bus (or the train).

Would you?... depends on your taste.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, sfernando said:

Thanks. How about bajaj tuk tuk. Is it ok?

if this is for family use etc. bear in mind the safety  issues pertaining both the  reuglar Tuk and the Bajaj-quadricycle neither  the quadricycle and the regular Tuk are both not safe vehicles . How much are you planning to spend on tuk/bajaj Qute and how do you plan to use it?

It will be a hit from what I see with the stability of 4 wheels., and prob , will embarrass most hybrid owners with it's efficiency 

On the down side it has minimal safty and no a/c from what I know.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Would I buy a Tuk Tuk? Never.. If my budget was less than 500k, I would buy an old KE72 or a Mazda 323. Below that.. I would take the bus (or the train).

Would you?... depends on your taste.

Going for an old car is a good option than the tuk tuk for family use. A ke72, or even an older corolla lancer box. Those old lancer wagons batu sunnys are good options. Buy one of these spend some and restore it to good condition.

• 2 years later...

You could consider a Micro Privilege or an Econo 800. Go for the non air conditioned model as its economical and spacious. I did a modification by adding an extra cooling fan to get the hot exhaust out. Plus replacing the factory engine cover with a mesh flap to improve the hot air flow getting out of the engine bay. 

9 hours ago, ajm said:

Micro privilege seems way better than the Qute. With 800cc engine should be OK for highway driving also. What about Spare/Body parts availability?

the body of the Micro Privilege is out of fibreglass and any body repairs could be done by a fibreglass boat repair person unlike a conventional tinker :lol:. Micro company does take orders to make the fibreglass doors and the windscreen can be got down on order (it takes months to come to SL) . Some Micro Privilege cars were built with a Subaru Italian engine and some were with a Chinese Suzuki engine although Japanese parts are available for the Chinese Suzuki F8A Engine. A Japanese Nissan gear box was used although spare parts for the Chinese steering system Eg- steering rack, rear wheel drive shafts and front wheel lower arm are a bit of a challenge to get. There was a big blunder with the shipment of the steering parts that was imported to Sri Lanka resulting all the steering racks for the Micro Privilege to be for left side driving like in the United Sates. Micro company advised customers to modify and fabricate the steering rack chassis mounts to accommodate the mistakenly imported left side driven steering rack :action-smiley-034:.

Edited by Splat
fact rectification

Some Micro Privilege cars did not have the camber adjustment and the company did nothing to rectify the error. so once again the customers had to fabricate and make ways to adjust the wheel camber for wheel alignment. Car care wheel alignment at Galle Rd, Colombo 4 has the necessary measurements for the Micro Privilege wheel alignment due to the fact that the wheels on the Micro Privilege and Econo 800 are based on a isosceles trapezium pattern ( front axle is short and rear axle is long, see figure

micro steering.png