• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place to replace Windscreen (Kia Picanto 2005)?

Iroshw

Question

Hi all,

Please suggest/recommend a place to replace the windscreen of my Kia Picanto 2005 as there are plenty of Wiper scratches. I tried a lot to remove them using different methods but didn't work. 

It is very difficult to drive at night with this conditions. 

I called Samarasinghe Wnndscreen and they said the cost will be 15k for a new Japanese Windscreen with fixing charges. Also said that there will be 10years warranty for the windscreen. 

Is this reasonable? or there are more options? 

And, I would like to know the performance of these windscreens available at Samarasinghe Windscreen. Do they similar to original windscreens?? What about the visibility specially at night and on rainy days? 

Edited by Iroshw
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hi all,
Please suggest/recommend a place to replace the windscreen of my Kia Picanto 2005 as there are plenty of Wiper scratches. I tried a lot to remove them using different methods but didn't work. 
It is very difficult to drive at night with this conditions. 
I called Samarasinghe Wnndscreen and they said the cost will be 15k for a new Japanese Windscreen with fixing charges. Also said that there will be 10years warranty for the windscreen. 
Is this reasonable? or there are more options? 
And, I would like to know the performance of these windscreens available at Samarasinghe Windscreen. Do they similar to original windscreens?? What about the visibility specially at night and on rainy days? 

Japan makes windscreens for Korean cars? [emoji33] [emoji33]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Update:

Went to Samarasinghe Windscreen on last Friday. They had two new Windscreens and one recondition one. All with some scratches and damages. So they said there will be a new shipment soon. 

One of my friends recommended a place near Moratuwa. Went on my way home on Friday. The guy asked to come at night as scratches are  severely visible at night. He cleaned a small part of the windscreen to show what he got. I was amazed, scratches gone. 

So made an appointment and took the car on Saturday early  morning. Took nearly 4-5 hours to complete the whole windscreen and my headlights. They have applied a Nano coat to protect the glass from rain. 

They took my headache off. And you wont believe the cost, only 5k for the windscreen. 

If you want to contact him to take all your wiper scratches out from your windscreen, just PM me. I will share his contact details (as per the Autolanka rules can't disclose contact details in public). 

Cheers !

Irosh