• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lannister

Question

Hey mates,

Im looking forward to buy a used car for around 15-18lks, & also Im not going for a Indian car since it’s not my favor. What I looked for is Honda Civic EG8 & I really love it; but some say, it’ll be problematic. does it worth, & what will be the future problems of this car & what will be other alternative car options for this price. Since this is my first car, Im really looking forward an answer from you. Thanx.

8 answers to this question

Well..there is really nothing wrong with the EG8....it being old, obviously you would have to do age related preemptive maintenance work as you would have to do with any car. The BIGGEST problem with an EG8 would be finding a good unit. Most of them have been in the hands of boy racers who have pretty much mucked it up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iRage said:

The BIGGEST problem with an EG8 would be finding a good unit. Most of them have been in the hands of boy racers who have pretty much mucked it up.

Yep. Won't be easy to get rid of the additional layers of fiber on most of them :D hence would be much easier to find a well kept EK3 in original condition. 

• Thanks 1

EG8 is a decent car but due to the Ricer-fan-boy factor Eg8's are overpriced and aren't Eg8's anymore - most of them  are basically life-size  hotwheels cars with engines. 

Ek3 is a really nice car - and comparatively you have a better chance of finding a decent specimen (despite those also being on the ricer-fan-boy wishlist ) 

If you're ok to look beyond Honda, consider Mazda 323/Famila too 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly Abused EK3s are also aplenty.

Dont the eg8s use carburettors? After wading through all the fibre, then you’ll get to the engine bay. Check whether there has been any signs of stupidity in there.

I second matroska’s suggestions.

Edited by ShintaroX
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Thank you all for al your opinions! & I’ve got another question, what about Toyota Ceres/Marino over EG8?? Thanx again! ?

Same fate as the Civic....most have been "chooned" by the boy racer crowd...only a very few are in decent shape and those are not being sold that easily and even if they are the prices are ridiculously high.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Same fate as the Civic....most have been "chooned" by the boy racer crowd...only a very few are in decent shape and those are not being sold that easily and even if they are the prices are ridiculously high.

perfect word :D Marinos,CK2s EK3s EG8's are all on the top of choon-boy's choon wislist :D