• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua 40000km full Service @ Toyota Lanka

priyan85

Hi Guys,

I've a 2016 aqua, which I usually service(every 5k-6k) @ Toyota Lanka. The next service ( 40k) is coming and when I call for a service appointment, they said I have to do a full service @ 40k. According to them it includes 

• normal service
  • gear oil change
  • break oil change
  • tune up

They quoted it to be around Rs. 60k.

In the service manuals I don't see those gear,break oil changes recommended.  In service manual gear oil change is after 100k I think.

Do you have done this kind of service around 40000km? Will it be worth spending 60k for that kind of things around this mileage? Or are they just ripping me off?

Thanks a lot for any advice you have.

The service manual you have is pertinent for Japan. Yes, most Toyota vehicles's service schedule indicates gear oil changes at around 100K as they are non-serviceable units. In Japan brake oil changes occur every two years as required for the shaken inspection...same with coolants, etc...so the Toyota Japan service schedule doesn't even have those as changes but merely inspections.

What happens is the local agent is required to develop a service schedule that is more relevant for local conditions based on their experience in handling the particular model. Granted sometimes the local agents do recommend rather drastic service intervals mostly because they try to be extremely prudent, but also because they would not have much experience with the car.

In the case of the Aqua, I suppose they follow the service schedule for the Prius C ?

So at the end of the day its up to you if you want to follow the agent's recommendation or follow your own or not do anything at all :)

2 hours ago, iRage said:

The service manual you have is pertinent for Japan. Yes, most Toyota vehicles's service schedule indicates gear oil changes at around 100K as they are non-serviceable units. In Japan brake oil changes occur every two years as required for the shaken inspection...same with coolants, etc...so the Toyota Japan service schedule doesn't even have those as changes but merely inspections.

What happens is the local agent is required to develop a service schedule that is more relevant for local conditions based on their experience in handling the particular model. Granted sometimes the local agents do recommend rather drastic service intervals mostly because they try to be extremely prudent, but also because they would not have much experience with the car.

In the case of the Aqua, I suppose they follow the service schedule for the Prius C ?

So at the end of the day its up to you if you want to follow the agent's recommendation or follow your own or not do anything at all :)

Thanks iRage,

If it's something usually done by people ( because of harsh roads/environment), I'm all for it. I just wanted make sure I'm not falling for a up-selling sales pitch from the agent.

3 hours ago, priyan85 said:

Thanks iRage,

If it's something usually done by people ( because of harsh roads/environment), I'm all for it. I just wanted make sure I'm not falling for a up-selling sales pitch from the agent.

Well....even if you go to a decent third party garage they too will say something similar. Does every unit of Aqua in the country need a transmission oil change at 40,000 No....it depends on each car and what it has to go through. Is our transmission going to break at 42,000km. Probably not. It is just that these are "blanket" recommendations based on the fact the in general cars in SL would be used under harsh/severe conditions and the few cases that they would have had to deal with.

Ask them what the other mileage based scheduled services are...that way you can build-up a decent service profile for your car and plan accordingly.

Also, please remember that there would be some people (especially those funny service station guys) who might even go to the extent of saying you should change your CVT fluid every 20,000km..so yeah...there would be instances where you would be taken for a ride. 

I personally change all the fluids at 40000km keeps the components they are functioning for in good nick. And afterall changing the fluids are much easyer and more predictable than replacing a component when it breaks.

But Rs.60 000 seems to be expensive. The cost for all the fluid changes including cvt diff oil transfer case oil break oil power steering oil coolent and the 40000 general service with filters all genuine oil and filters cost only around Rs.40000 (not in company) for the hyundai santafe which is a midsized 4wd Suv.

So Rs.60 000 for a small toyota 2wd car is expensive.

Edited by Clark'sson