• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

Axio 2014 Hybrid

Dears 

I have an Axio 2014 and my wife is using it in Sri Lanka. Today there was a situation where my car struggled for a while to climb an inclined slope. 

Is there any specific reason for this. 

Appreciate your advises.

Regards 

Dennis

If you want members here to give you "specific" reasons, you need to be specific with your question. Your question is like telling a doctor "I had a chest pain for a while, is there a specific reason for this?" 

So let's start with 

1. What's the mileage of the car? 

2. Was the car fully loaded with passengers or did it have a trunk full of stuff?

3. When (how many kilometres ago)  was the transmission fluid change was done and an engine tune up was done?

4. Does the car idle properly? Do you experience an engine miss or vibration? 

5. Was the car reversed down the hill before it was shifted to D to move forward? 

6. How long did the "struggle" last? What did it feel like? Was it that the engine revved but the car didn't move?

• Like 1

My 2015 Axio will also struggle to achieve momentum on a relatively steep hill, it's down to how the power is delivered to the wheels. Switching off Eco will help things.

• Like 3

I have the same car and but I never ever use its Eco mode as I find it makes the car a PITA to drive. Otherwise it is a "reasonable" car. Of course if you are used to driving an ICE car with nippy acceleration perhaps you may find a bit of lack in power.

• Like 1