• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Ek Wagon

tiv

Good evening gents and ladies, 

Please do excuse me for the above thread, as I am not the average noob asking about a 660cc car I just saw in a sale,

Upon searching all over other than Pakistani forums, there is very little content on the above vehicle,

Considering getting one as an upgrade from a little mira I used a few months.

Would like to know anyones experience on this kei car, thanks

its this or a huslter atm, so any input is immensly appreciated

after owning several Mitsubishis I am really inclined to this car whilst my entire clan is against me!

2729475_mdl_b753956d.jpg

2729475_mdl_4657a30c.jpg

Well...been in one over here...well been in a Nissan Dayz which is the same car with a Nissan badge. To be honest it really isn't much to write home about...its just another kei car that will get you from point A to point B just as well as any other kei car would. The little Gerbil inside the engine compartment was crooning loud with all its heart doing 110kmph on the highway just like any other kei car. Try to get the turbo charged variant as that has the maximum power a kei car is allowed to have with a bit more torque.

Its a decent car...put together decently as any kei car from its competitors....the layout was simple it felt roomy and not as busy as the Wagon R. The plastics didn't feel as cheap as in the Wagon R but it wasn't as nice and refined as the Honda N Wagon. I would say the seats feel a bit softer than the Wagon R but I really can't say without a side by side comparison...but after a 2 hour highway drive I was not having any body aches (that I remember of).

Sales wise it was doing quite well (not Daihatsu well..but decently well enough) until the whole Mitsubishi scandal broke out. There are quite a few nice kei cars over here...the reason Suzukis are doing so well is because Suzuki is the only one who offers Hybrid options.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...been in one over here...well been in a Nissan Dayz which is the same car with a Nissan badge. To be honest it really isn't much to write home about...its just another kei car that will get you from point A to point B just as well as any other kei car would. The little Gerbil inside the engine compartment was crooning loud with all its heart doing 110kmph on the highway just like any other kei car. Try to get the turbo charged variant as that has the maximum power a kei car is allowed to have with a bit more torque.

Its a decent car...put together decently as any kei car from its competitors....the layout was simple it felt roomy and not as busy as the Wagon R. The plastics didn't feel as cheap as in the Wagon R but it wasn't as nice and refined as the Honda N Wagon. I would say the seats feel a bit softer than the Wagon R but I really can't say without a side by side comparison...but after a 2 hour highway drive I was not having any body aches (that I remember of).

Sales wise it was doing quite well (not Daihatsu well..but decently well enough) until the whole Mitsubishi scandal broke out. There are quite a few nice kei cars over here...the reason Suzukis are doing so well is because Suzuki is the only one who offers Hybrid options.

Thanks a lot for your input mate,  since you are much more updated than me on these kei cars,

It was really heartbreaking to see that the ek wagon I was eyeing got sold off, black car with all the bits and just few hundred km.

Kind of made me look into other options as well. Two trusty city cars we used got sold off, thus looking for options. Seems the hustler is at the distant end of the budget, but if I can get over the looks Do u think its worth it?

Though it looks like a mini suv there is nothing suv there, the 650cc Jimny is 2 door otherwise perfect again out of budget.

Test drove a brand new redi-go and I was enlightened enough to stay well away from indian cars in this bracket

Looking for something small and nippy as I will leave the country soon and my parents and wife will be using them.

please do put in a word about the hustler. 

Thanks

I have only sat in a Hustler and a Xbee at the Tokyo Motorshow....I mean its got higher ground clearance than your average kei car,the seats were positioned in away that you sit a little bit higher off the floorboard. The boxy shape gave it a bit more space. Other than that I really didn't see much point in the car as it is just the same ole' same ole'.

Yes..there is nothing offroady about it...it is just for optics....true if there is an AWD it is mainly to tackle winter and rain engulfed roads...not for off-roading. Unfortunately there are no off-roady keis apart from the Jimny. 

Saw a few Dayz for sale...you could look in to that I suppose. Again..its not a bad car...its just another kei car..and personally I think it looks a lot better than the Wagon R.

The Alto WORS and the RS Turbo seems ot be all the rage now...granted the RS Turbo (thus the WORKS would too) is a pretty fun car to drive. I really like the Honda kei cars because those are the only ones that don't feel cheap. But then those are expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

The tuned altos were out of my budget for now, the standard trims were not worth it, and the clang hated the Ek Wagon, gave out one last cry for a Jimny which I hated to eat my words after seeing the interior and rear space

so ended up with the Hustler, mind you the car does grow on you with time, 

Edited by tiv