• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz 2007 (1.3cc) transmission oil change

nalinda55

Question

Hi all,

I got  toyota vitz 2007 (1.3cc) car.recently i have got changed its transmission oil (gear oil) with caltex Texamatic oil( picture of the canattached).

Since its not recomended by the company i got a quection ...

1.is it okey to runwith the oil  i used or do i have  to change it to toyota cvt oil as soon as possible?

Regars. 

nalinda

IMG_20180318_113622.jpg

IMG_20180318_113614.jpg

Edited by nalinda55

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, nalinda55 said:

Hi all,

I got  toyota vitz 2007 (1.3cc) car.recently i have got changed its transmission oil (gear oil) with caltex Texamatic oil( picture of the canattached).

1.is it okey to runwith the oil  i used or do i have  to change it to toyota cvt oil as soon as possible?

Regars. 

nalinda

IMG_20180318_113622.jpg

IMG_20180318_113614.jpg

If your car is having a CVT gearbox, then yes, u should use the correct CVT oil recommended by the agent. normal ATF gearbox oil is thicker than CVT oil, which may result it premature issues in your CVT gearbox.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.yes im new to this and thats the first time i got changed the gear oil.a known spare part seller has recomended it and  he re confirmed it when i phoned  back to him when the service centre people quectioned .wont it be a problem if i replace the oil with toyota cvt now ,like mixing the oil ?

4 minutes ago, nalinda55 said:

Thanks.yes im new to this and thats the first time i got changed the gear oil.a known spare part seller has recomended it and  he re confirmed it when i phoned  back to him when the service centre people quectioned .wont it be a problem if i replace the oil with toyota cvt now ,like mixing the oil ?

best solution is to flush the existing gear oil and refill with recommended one. Otherwise there could be residue which might create issues in the long run. CVT gearbox and its internals are really sensitive. Therefore, you need to maintain it properly to get the highest benefit out of it.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, nalinda55 said:

Hi all,

Regars. 

nalinda

IMG_20180318_113622.jpg

IMG_20180318_113614.jpg

One of my friends has bought a BJ5P with a bad tranny because of this Gear Oil. The idiotic previous owner had use this oil instead of the Mazda recommended one which costs around 10-12k. Now he has to replace the entire gear box. So, I advice you people proceed with caution. 

• Like 1

I have Toyota Vitz 2010, recently I change Transmission oil, Car engine os 1300 cc, I put ATF oil in. Some friends says it wrong some says it's fine. Nothing will happen, but one thing I observed on Moterway. My car not going 120km per hour.. its should touch 150km. I bit confused, what to do now.. should I change Gearbox or just oil.. gearbox will cost me 350 dollars.