• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 240 (2003-2005) vs Axio (2007-2008)

GomesL

Question

I know this topic has been discussed some time ago.

My budget is around 3.5 - 3.7Mil. Looking for a family vehicle. If there are maintenance records, (Toyota Lanka, Laugfs etc.) what will be the good choice considering the present market for reselling, as family is bit concerned about it too.

Any other alternatives? Brand new?

Hope this info will be useful to others too. Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

Well..like I have mentioned in a previous thread....maintenance records do help in tracing certain aspects of the car...but more importantly..get it professionally checked out ! Get it checked out irrespective of whether there are records or not...sometimes there might be records but the car might be crap but you also might let go of a good car because records are not available. So get it checked !

If, "resell" -ability is THE most important thing for you..then sure...go ahead and buy the Allion or Axio...but remember

1. you will also be over paying for these cars

2. finding a decent and honest Allion/Axio is easier said and done. Most of the cars have been neglected and then dressed up and tampered with. It doesn't matter if the Axio is newer than the Allion...

If you are willing to think outside the box...you can look in to something like a Mazda Axela, Lancer...

Also, if you are okay with hatchbacks...you could look in to something like Swift or even a Vitz (I believe even a 2016/2015 unreg Vitz base model would also be within your budget).

Either way....get the car checked !!! 

• Thanks 1

well if you dont really care about resell and cheap maintain you should really check out cefiro j31, man thats a really luxury car with so many features. (sun roof, electric seats , power curtains ect, ) but fuel consumption is not that great . you can find a good one for around 2.4m to 2.8m 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GomesL said:

I know this topic has been discussed some time ago.

My budget is around 3.5 - 3.7Mil. Looking for a family vehicle. If there are maintenance records, (Toyota Lanka, Laugfs etc.) what will be the good choice considering the present market for reselling, as family is bit concerned about it too.

Any other alternatives? Brand new?

Hope this info will be useful to others too. Thanks in advance.

The problem with Toyota is a majority of them at this point are tampered and rigged and severely abused plus horribly overpriced... I assume you want a sedan so other alternatives:

Lancer EX,Mazda 3 (same vintage as the axio) or even a Yaris or a Corolla 141 (non axio)which hasn't been abused (surprisingly Yarii and Corolla 141s aren't that popular with the buy and sell bunch)

Unreg options for that range are the 660 cc kei cars and maybe a vitz 1000cc with a bit of milage( low milage vitzs fetch eye watering prices now)

Your preference on Toyota suggets that you will end up buying an allion or axio anyway so out of the two the allions at this point are maybe a little too old now  so the axio would be the better bet BUT make sure you get it inspected cos  the 2007ish Axio is known for a really messy CVT issue that comes around the 100,000 km mark

• Thanks 1

I'm also eying on Axio and what the members commented above is the truth. Prices are just funny  and most of the time car is not even in good shape.  One of friends willing to sell his 2008 Axio G at 70K which I know is legit but asking price is 42. Doesn't worth it.

Accidentally checked a 2009 Luxel and price was 44 and a Lancer 2007 with 190K for 33. Latter is a manual.Axio failed to start since battery was drained or something like that :P walked away.

Edited by hrm
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Well..like I have mentioned in a previous thread....maintenance records do help in tracing certain aspects of the car...but more importantly..get it professionally checked out ! Get it checked out irrespective of whether there are records or not...sometimes there might be records but the car might be crap but you also might let go of a good car because records are not available. So get it checked !

If, "resell" -ability is THE most important thing for you..then sure...go ahead and buy the Allion or Axio...but remember

1. you will also be over paying for these cars

2. finding a decent and honest Allion/Axio is easier said and done. Most of the cars have been neglected and then dressed up and tampered with. It doesn't matter if the Axio is newer than the Allion...

If you are willing to think outside the box...you can look in to something like a Mazda Axela, Lancer...

Also, if you are okay with hatchbacks...you could look in to something like Swift or even a Vitz (I believe even a 2016/2015 unreg Vitz base model would also be within your budget).

Either way....get the car checked !!! 

Thanks iRage. That's the concern I had too (Overpay and Tampered). 
There are some 2008 axelas online. It's better than the Mazda 3 2007 right? Feeling like axela would be a good choice.

Also is it worth paying that much for 2015/16 unreg vitz? Is it a better choice over Stingray?

13 hours ago, nisala4423 said:

well if you dont really care about resell and cheap maintain you should really check out cefiro j31, man thats a really luxury car with so many features. (sun roof, electric seats , power curtains ect, ) but fuel consumption is not that great . you can find a good one for around 2.4m to 2.8m 

Thanks for the suggestion nisala. I'll check it out.

13 hours ago, matroska said:

The problem with Toyota is a majority of them at this point are tampered and rigged and severely abused plus horribly overpriced... I assume you want a sedan so other alternatives:

Lancer EX,Mazda 3 (same vintage as the axio) or even a Yaris or a Corolla 141 (non axio)which hasn't been abused (surprisingly Yarii and Corolla 141s aren't that popular with the buy and sell bunch)

Unreg options for that range are the 660 cc kei cars and maybe a vitz 1000cc with a bit of milage( low milage vitzs fetch eye watering prices now)

Your preference on Toyota suggets that you will end up buying an allion or axio anyway so out of the two the allions at this point are maybe a little too old now  so the axio would be the better bet BUT make sure you get it inspected cos  the 2007ish Axio is known for a really messy CVT issue that comes around the 100,000 km mark

Thanks for the reply Matroska. Yeah probably because of fuel figures, 141s not popular. I'll check Lancer Ex.

11 hours ago, hrm said:

I'm also eying on Axio and what the members commented above is the truth. Prices are just funny  and most of the time car is not even in good shape.  One of friends willing to sell his 2008 Axio G at 70K which I know is legit but asking price is 42. Doesn't worth it.

Accidentally checked a 2009 Luxel and price was 44 and a Lancer 2007 with 190K for 33. Latter is a manual.Axio failed to start since battery was drained or something like that :P walked away.

Yeah :P. Overpriced because of the grade & badge though.

13 minutes ago, GomesL said:

Thanks iRage. That's the concern I had too (Overpay and Tampered). 
There are some 2008 axelas online. It's better than the Mazda 3 2007 right? Feeling like axela would be a good choice.

Also is it worth paying that much for 2015/16 unreg vitz? Is it a better choice over Stingray

The Axela and 3 are tbe same car. Axela was the JDM variant and 3 the export variant. Some specs would be different. Being for the JDM market tbe Axela might have a few additional features. 

The Vitz with the slightly larger engine and marginally larger cabin space might be more versatile than tbe Stingray. The Stingray is a kei car (for city driving) with just 660cc. So u might feel the sluggish performance over the vitz ifu travel outstation on open roads. Also, the cabin of the stingray is quite roomy since its a box but with 4 occupants in the car u wont be able to fit any luggage in it. 

So the choice is up to you. 

5 hours ago, iRage said:

The Axela and 3 are tbe same car. Axela was the JDM variant and 3 the export variant. Some specs would be different. Being for the JDM market tbe Axela might have a few additional features. 

The Vitz with the slightly larger engine and marginally larger cabin space might be more versatile than tbe Stingray. The Stingray is a kei car (for city driving) with just 660cc. So u might feel the sluggish performance over the vitz ifu travel outstation on open roads. Also, the cabin of the stingray is quite roomy since its a box but with 4 occupants in the car u wont be able to fit any luggage in it. 

So the choice is up to you. 

But people should be wary of imported Mazda 3 models specially if they are from Europe for corrosion. 

1 hour ago, BuBi said:

But people should be wary of imported Mazda 3 models specially if they are from Europe for corrosion. 

Did we ever get them from Europe ? I mean did anyone import the 3 from Europe ? I wouldn't think that many because it would have been far cheaper to import an Axela from Japan...or a 3 from SG or Australia...most of the 3s in the island I believe are agent imports.

I would suggest in order

Lancer ex, mazda 3(go for the agent imported one over the axela jdm), honda fd1, non axio corolla 141(for your budget you can even find a diesel one)

Even though the non axio 141 will do around 1kmpl short of the axio most of the axios are abused so they would do much less thatn a good condition 141 and the axio has a troublesome cvt while the 141 dosent have that issue

If you want a 2007ish family vehicle you can go for suvs like the tucson or sportage diesels too which would be more economical than the petrol cars above. 

If you think outside the box theres the 2007ish peugeot 407, vw jetta etc too

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, iRage said:

Did we ever get them from Europe ? I mean did anyone import the 3 from Europe ? I wouldn't think that many because it would have been far cheaper to import an Axela from Japan...or a 3 from SG or Australia...most of the 3s in the island I believe are agent imports.

Nice to hear that. But it is better to be cautious. 

I'm also looking for a Mazda axela/Mazda 3 - few are up for sale and seems it is bit harder to Sell them these days. 

found a Manual Axela for 2.5mil and Auto Mazda3 for the same price - both are 2004 cars..

2008 Mazda Axela hatch is for sale for Ik**n and it was advertised for 3.2 Originally and owner re-advertise with
2.8Mill price tag and when i called it was sold for 2.7Mil.. ?