• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help needed in buying a new car

Chanakaj

Question

Hi All,

I need some help from you experts as I am planning to buy a new car. Please be kind enough to consider the below points and help me by suggesting a better one.

Budget - 3.5M - 4.0M

Condition - Brand new or Used

Car Type - Saloon or Hatchback (preferred Saloon)

Fuel Type - Hybrid or Petrol 

Main Considerations - Decent look, Fuel consumption and resell value

Considering the factors above I have found Aqua (2012-2014) and GP1 (2012-2014) as decent models. But as I have heard we have to be careful when buying a used hybrid because of battery condition. Can you guys suggest/ advise me on this? (currently driving a premio corona 1999)

2 answers to this question

On 3/11/2018 at 9:07 AM, Chanakaj said:

Considering the factors above I have found Aqua (2012-2014) and GP1 (2012-2014) as decent models. But as I have heard we have to be careful when buying a used hybrid because of battery condition. Can you guys suggest/ advise me on this? (currently driving a premio corona 1999)

Sedans : Axela [2008+], LancerEx, Corolla 141/Axio [2008 +], Belta /Yaris (a bit boring ) 2009-2011, Kia Rio-Hyundai Accent (2011+)

Regarding your other question - you can get a battery check done by Toyota Lanka or St***ford if you're buying an Aqua/GP1 - can particularly recommend a GP1 if properly maintained can be a very hardy vehicle  and relatively easy maintenance compared to other hybrids. For instance if this information is true then this is a decent specimen. But always get it checked then you should be fine.