• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

GP 1 performance issue

sira

Hi

I asked this question from other forum( see below ) how ever  looking for an advice from Honda section. i believe one of GP 1 user help me on this. 

This is GP1 2011 and 65,000. battery is 25% Gear oil has changed in 40K and never done a engine tune up still the original spark plugs. got it checked before buy it from Stafford and no any issue and no oil burn problem too.

when i'm start using i felt some thing wrong in this.  morning it was awesome!!  very good pulling power. After around  1 hour time behavior will changed as below

1. it seem very lazy to move and  i had to give more gas to get the required power and then engine RPM go around 3000-5000.
  2. some times  when i press i apply the break  engine RPM go 1500 and then cut off. normally it will shut down smoothly . this happens during heavy traffic and moving  1m per second . it looks  applying breaks  every second and accelerate 
  3.  if the car lazy mode and give more gas, car got small knock, or wobbling or bucking. 

i really need to get this checked and one person in stafford said this is normal for hybrid and do a Engine tune up and see. is there any place i can get this checked thoroughly ?

please let me know your idea

Thank you 

sira

11 hours ago, sira said:

Just for update

i did switch off the EV mode and all seems fine now

well ideally you don't need to turn off ECO mode - i just feel something is amiss in your car i've never actually never needed to turn of ECO mode. 

Thank you for the update. last week end i went to Delkanda to fix my folding mirror issue and met a same GP1 owner at the shop and he said if EV mode is off it very hard for ramp and he also not using EV mode. so then i tried it so i can feel the deference. 

sira 

Yes , he has

but not clearly said that he replace the gear box. 

There was also a problem with a injector and coil, so he fixed it and vehicle is smooth now only the knock comes once in a while. (which will go away once the gear box is replaced)

So my intention is to show my car to same person and get it checked

Anyway thank you for highlighting it

sira

Edited by sira

• 3 weeks later...

Dear friends

Few things i realized on this GP 1 after using it for 2 months time. the said issue is happening when the hybrid  battery is low. i believe then engine will try to charge it then performance go down. please correct if this wrong

Thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sira said:

Dear friends

Few things i realized on this GP 1 after using it for 2 months time. the said issue is happening when the hybrid  battery is low. i believe then engine will try to charge it then performance go down. please correct if this wrong

Thanks 

Could be possible that the Motor-Generator will demand more Torque from the Engine to charge the battery if it discharges faster than usual.

Then the Injection nozzle-open time will be increased(without changing RPM),during Low-power situation(Idle), which can lead to more fuel being injected=>giving more deposits to clog the pistons with weak ring design.

The discharge of the battery does not necessarily need to be caused by a weakness of battery charge level.

it could be due to an additional current demand from another worn-out system(El Power Steering,A/C,Audio..). So unless the real root-cause is fixed, the same chain of problems will repeat again.

Yes, Hybrid systems are so complicated to maintain when they age.

Edited by ajm

21 hours ago, sira said:

Dear friends

Thanks 

AFAIK this is true at least from what I have experienced - when in heavy stop-go traffic your battery does not get to charge - acceleration etc is affected. When ECO mode is off the entire output is dedicated to movement 

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue in my FIT GP1 2012. It clocks about 59000Km. CVT oil was changed at 38000Km. Services done at regular interval.

I'm getting a small jerk, when switching from EV mode to Engine power. Its mostly noticeable at low speeds. After this i did a engine tune-up, all plugs and injectors, throttle body were cleaned together with EGR value. (Actually they were in pretty good shape, no carbon or oil deposits)

After the tune-up, fuel compunction increased a little bit but the Jerk when switching from EV mode to Engine power was still there.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any suggestions in getting this issue solved?

/ShaR

On 4/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, sira said:

Dear friends

Thanks 

Is you feel some burning smell inside the car when accelerating hard?

I have experienced same exact issue what you have  also in GP1 2011 . Battery capacity is also 25%. Mechanic says burning smell from Battery and low pulling power due to weak battery capacity. When turning off Eco mode pulling power is ok. it seems common thing for old GP1.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, Randeewa said:

Is you feel some burning smell inside the car when accelerating hard?

I have experienced same exact issue what you have  also in GP1 2011 . Battery capacity is also 25%. Mechanic says burning smell from Battery and low pulling power due to weak battery capacity. When turning off Eco mode pulling power is ok. it seems common thing for old GP1.

No i don't see any Engine oil burn smell and oil were up to the limit. 

17 hours ago, sira said:

No i don't see any Engine oil burn smell and oil were up to the limit. 

No not engine oil burning issue. May be this is only for me. As per Mechanics opinion smell is coming from Hybrid Battery cooling system (Fan). and he says what exactly what you have posted "When the hybrid  battery is low engine will try to charge it then performance go down".