• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Want to know quality of car

hi

I'm going to buy my first car.my budget is about Rs.1.2m.Pls give me information about this areas of proton WIRA car.

1 fuel consumption (from 2001 and above)

2 driving compatability

3 availability of spare parts

4 these days price of this vehicle

5 resell ability

6 which is the ideal car for this budget

Thanks all

9 hours ago, Sevan star said:

hi

I'm going to buy my first car.my budget is about Rs.1.2m.Pls give me information about this areas of proton WIRA car.

2 driving compatability

5 resell ability

Thanks all

How about Hyundai Accent ?

16 hours ago, Sevan star said:

hi

2 driving compatability

5 resell ability

Thanks all

Fuel consumption: around 8-9kmpl. This is the average fuel consumption for any old car of that age - even a Corolla

Driving pleasure(?): Proton Wira is a Malaysian version of Mitsubishi Lancer. Anyone whos driven Corolla, Lancer, Sunny, Accent of the same vintage will say Lancer gives the best driving pleasure of them all. Maybe Civic and Familia are the ones that are probably better

Spare Parts: Most Lancer spares fit in. Only exception is body parts and interior parts. You will find them in Delkanda

Price: No idea really. But considering the fact that a 1991 Doctor Sunny is priced at almost the same range, I would say 1.2 mill is ok

Resaleability: If you buy it cheap, you can always sell it without losing much money. Don't expect to buy it for 1.2 and sell it for 2 million

My personal preference for this budget range is Proton Wira. Try to find a car which was imported brand new to Sri Lanka, even if it has an older number. The reason is recon imports were from Singapore and they were actually taxis there. So the cars were abused from day 1 itself.

18 hours ago, Crosswind said:

When someone asks information about a specific car, give information about that. If you don't know about it, just shut up instead of proving your stupidity.

Dude how old are you? You act like a raging teenager who just hit puberty (probably you are). Calm down, I just gave him an idea to research about. :lol:

Edited by Goro

4 hours ago, Goro said:

Dude how old are you? You act like a raging teenager who just hit puberty (probably you are). Calm down, I just gave him an idea to research about. :lol:

There's a nice phrase in sinhalese for people like you - koheda yanne malle pol

On 3/7/2018 at 7:43 PM, Sevan star said:

hi

2 driving compatability

5 resell ability

Thanks all

Cars fitting the points you've jotted were made by the Brits more than half  a century ago. and are rusting-in pieces,..