• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any place to get a fuse tap in Sri Lanka?

trex

I'm looking to buy a fuse tap/fuse extender for my car (Honda Grace) which has micro fuses.

I'm trying to hard wire a dashcam to my fuse box & is looking for safest DIY way.

I have looked though most of the shops in Panchikawatta & all of the shops in Darley road. Shockingly, I was not able to find one - maybe someone in the forum had better luck than me.

Can someone help me please?

I'm willing to pay for delivery if it can be delivered to me (Dematagoda) soon.

fuse-tap.PNG

1 hour ago, trex said:

I'm looking to buy a fuse tap/fuse extender for my car (Honda Grace) which has micro fuses.

I'm trying to hard wire a dashcam to my fuse box & is looking for safest DIY way.

I have looked though most of the shops in Panchikawatta & all of the shops in Darley road. Shockingly, I was not able to find one - maybe someone in the forum had better luck than me.

Can someone help me please?

I'm willing to pay for delivery if it can be delivered to me (Dematagoda) soon.

fuse-tap.PNG

Very rare locally, best bet online

2 hours ago, aamarakoon said:

I should have been clearer...

i have few of these on the way. i was hoping to get one locally, so i can be done with install sooner. it looks like I'll have to wait couple of weeks now.

I was shocked to hear some of the alternatives offered by shop guys when they realised what this is for.

• 4 months later...

Did you receive your fuse taps? I am trying to find the same micro2 fuse taps. I bought a dash cam hardwiring kit but it came with mini and low profile mini fuse taps, both are the wrong size for my fuse box. If you happen to have an extra micro fuse tap pls let me know, thanks.

Just now, Afmarik2018 said:

Did you receive your fuse taps? I am trying to find the same micro2 fuse taps. I bought a dash cam hardwiring kit but it came with mini and low profile mini fuse taps, both are the wrong size for my fuse box. If you happen to have an extra micro fuse tap pls let me know, thanks.

Yep., I got the fuse taps & ordered few more for good measure (received them too... ;) )

I'm happy to give one to you. Just let me know how you would like to collect it.! (I'm working in Dematagoda, home town is Panadura)

12 minutes ago, Afmarik2018 said:

That’s great, I can collect it today, just let me know where you will be around 4pm, thanks so much. I am in Malabe.

I'm working today. (So, I'm in Dematagoda).

But i do not have the fuse tap on hand.

If you can come to Panadura, I'm going to be home around 6:00-6:30.

Otherwise I'll be in Colombo tomorrow (around Noris canal road) from 10:30-11:30 ish...

Ok then will try tomorrow as dematagoda is closer, but can you send me a pic, want to be sure it’s the correct one, the mini low profile is sometimes incorrectly called the micro, these are the ones I have currently (see attached) both are too big (width)

FEFF8DD5-F712-43B8-9740-8A50BF67769F.jpeg

Edited by Afmarik2018

1 minute ago, Afmarik2018 said:

Ok then will try tomorrow as dematagoda is closer, but can you send me a pic, want to be sure it’s the correct one

It's the exact same thing on top of the post. (micro fuse tap with micro fuse adapter)

• 1 year later...