• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

3 hours ago, i5han said:

Hi Guys, Where do you recommend to service the 2018 civic?

I take mine for servicing at the agent @ Rattanapitiya.

If it's body repairs, please try to avoid their body repair shop as they're a royal pain to work with. I had to take my car there for a body repair on the door, but they left so much paint overspray on an adjacent panel (luckily it came off with a quick polish) and also managed to mess up a small plastic corner guard on a totally different door by using a screwdriver to remove it. It broke and the screwdriver scratched some paint from the interior. Had to get it done elsewhere after that so I'll most likely never visit them for such repairs.

Hi All, did anyone experience engine knocking in civic SR? this happens with my car frequently specially when I pick up or accelerate to overtake vehicles. This happens on and off however, it despairs when turbo start working. Stafford couldn’t rectify the issue but told me bunch of civic turned in with the same symptom. I appreciate your valuable comments/suggestions on this matter please.

10 hours ago, misnad said:

I take mine for servicing at the agent @ Rattanapitiya.

If it's body repairs, please try to avoid their body repair shop as they're a royal pain to work with. I had to take my car there for a body repair on the door, but they left so much paint overspray on an adjacent panel (luckily it came off with a quick polish) and also managed to mess up a small plastic corner guard on a totally different door by using a screwdriver to remove it. It broke and the screwdriver scratched some paint from the interior. Had to get it done elsewhere after that so I'll most likely never visit them for such repairs.

Where do you recommend for a body repair?

Anyone has experience on servicing and maintaining the Civic at Ideal Motors? The sale where I bought it from recommends them for servicing.

Never been a fan of Stafford- over crowded and don't have time to give the car proper attention.

47 minutes ago, i5han said:

Where do you recommend for a body repair?

I took my car for a minor dent repair on the hood to Keen Auto close to Rattanapitiya. They’re the ones who do paintless dent repairs. They do bigger body repairs that require repainting too. The person running it is well versed in this stuff. As for mechanical faults, etc. I’ll just go to the agents anyways. Never had any so far.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, RWD said:

For anyone who has an EX and EXT with the premium audio system - have you noticed an improvement in sound quality after a few 1000 km's? Been reading up a few forums and they say the stock speakers take some time to break in. Otherwise was considering swapping them out for something better. So far that's my only gripe with the car.

I have an SR - Not premium Audio. but the sound improvement is pretty noticeable after a month.so yeah-theres a breaking period.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, RWD said:

Anyone has experience on servicing and maintaining the Civic at Ideal Motors? The sale where I bought it from recommends them for servicing.

Never been a fan of Stafford- over crowded and don't have time to give the car proper attention.

Stafford Maradana is nowadays less crowded (comparatively) the folk there are ok.

Hybrid Hub has opened a large facility at Miriswatta (piliyandala). They do non-hybrid too. Any experience?

I went once with my Fit Shuttle hybrid for a health-check, and replaced two sensors in engine (broken pins). 'was happy with it. But, I have not done any servicing from them. It was less crowded, probably because it was new.

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

BTW, mine is at 1,500 KM now, when should I take her to service? The service manual says that the next oil change is when indicated. It's in 10,000. But I remember doing an oil change in 1,000 KM to my Maruti Swift brand new.

I'd get it done if the manufactured month is may or before... (6 month interval)

• Like 1

There is a factory break-in oil in these civics. I believe the manual specifically states not to do the first oil change until the maintenance minder indicator comes on. After that if you are paranoid about oil changes go ahead every 10,000 kms or so.

Oil changes in the new civics are entirely dependent on your driving styles and environments. Trust in the maintenance minder. But I guess no harm in getting an inspection at Stafford and an undercarriage wash but don't change the oil.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, misnad said:

I took my car for a minor dent repair on the hood to Keen Auto close to Rattanapitiya. They’re the ones who do paintless dent repairs. They do bigger body repairs that require repainting too. The person running it is well versed in this stuff. As for mechanical faults, etc. I’ll just go to the agents anyways. Never had any so far.

How much did it cost for the Hood PDR? there's a Dent on the roof in my Vitara which i wanted to do PDR. issue is this panel not reachable from under.

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

How much did it cost for the Hood PDR? there's a Dent on the roof in my Vitara which i wanted to do PDR. issue is this panel not reachable from under.

It cost me 3k. They have equipment to pull out the dent from the outside if it isn’t reachable from under.

• Like 2

As I heard, it is better to do a Oil change in between 1000-1500km for brand new vehicles. Since there may be some metal particles or etc inside the engine which comes from the manufacturer. (However I have doubt on it) 
Anyone please let us know is this true or what does Stafford recommend? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MalithCS said:

As I heard, it is better to do a Oil change in between 1000-1500km for brand new vehicles. Since there may be some metal particles or etc inside the engine which comes from the manufacturer. (However I have doubt on it) 
Anyone please let us know is this true or what does Stafford recommend? 

Stafford didn’t recommend anything and rather asked me what I wanted to do. They’re pointless that way. Manufacturer’s recommendation is to follow the maintenance minder. It initially said 12k as the service interval, but it kept dropping based on my driving style and fuel being used. It’s quite smart that way. Eventually got a service notification at 4800km and that’s when I changed my oil and filter. That said, I took it for a general inspection and cleanup at 1500km. Stafford recommends a service every 5000km and they may be right as the maintenance minder itself adjusted to alert me about it accordingly. Again, depends on where you drive.

Bottomline: inspection at 1.5k and then follow the maintenance minder afterwards.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, misnad said:

Stafford didn’t recommend anything and rather asked me what I wanted to do. They’re pointless that way. Manufacturer’s recommendation is to follow the maintenance minder. It initially said 12k as the service interval, but it kept dropping based on my driving style and fuel being used. It’s quite smart that way. Eventually got a service notification at 4800km and that’s when I changed my oil and filter. That said, I took it for a general inspection and cleanup at 1500km. Stafford recommends a service every 5000km and they may be right as the maintenance minder itself adjusted to alert me about it accordingly. Again, depends on where you drive.

Bottomline: inspection at 1.5k and then follow the maintenance minder afterwards.

Seems the system is very smart because in our extreme driving condition, 5000km or 6 months oil change is recommended by most manufacturers and the system showed same value 

3 hours ago, misnad said:

Thank u bro.
One more problem which I am worrying. I'm from Matara. So no near Stafford Agent here. Therefore, I decided to Service with a local good place. What are Pros and Cons? It is just oil change, filter change body wash, etc know?
And how much costs at Stafford for a normal service?

3 hours ago, MalithCS said:

Thank u bro.
One more problem which I am worrying. I'm from Matara. So no near Stafford Agent here. Therefore, I decided to Service with a local good place. What are Pros and Cons? It is just oil change, filter change body wash, etc know?
And how much costs at Stafford for a normal service?

You’re welcome, bro. Actually they run a diagnostics too on the sensors as well as reset the maintenance minder once oil is changed. If those can be done at the service station, should be fine. Also, the oil they used for me was Mobil1 5w 30 synthetic blend. My suggestion is to also check and ensure you’re getting a genuine oil filter as this car needs good flowing oil given it has a turbocharger. Bad oil = turbo problems.

Stafford charged me 6k for an inspection at 1500km and 12k for the oil change, etc. at 4800km.

17 hours ago, misnad said:

9 hours ago, misnad said:

You’re welcome, bro. Actually they run a diagnostics too on the sensors as well as reset the maintenance minder once oil is changed. If those can be done at the service station, should be fine. Also, the oil they used for me was Mobil1 5w 30 synthetic blend. My suggestion is to also check and ensure you’re getting a genuine oil filter as this car needs good flowing oil given it has a turbocharger. Bad oil = turbo problems.

Stafford charged me 6k for an inspection at 1500km and 12k for the oil change, etc. at 4800km.

Many thanks misnad, these are very useful. At 1750 KM my minder shows 13500 KM.  It has dropped by 300 KM from last time I checked it, but I in fact have run only about 70 KM during that time. At this rate, I am quite likely to end up changing oil near 5000 KM.

18 hours ago, misnad said:

It’s quite smart that way. Eventually got a service notification at 4800km and that’s when I changed my oil and filter. That said, I took it for a general inspection and cleanup at 1500km.

This is quite encouraging to see the System identify that - I had a talk with one of the Overseers at Staffrd (Maradana) and wahat he said was to bring the car in at 1000-1500 and have a checkup and then observe the maintenance minders. Kinda makes sense. 

I've maintained my previous car at Staff. too and generally their prices are on par and at times a tad lower than some  over-hyped service joints 

• Like 1

Most services use recycled water. The guy doing detailing told me that this has been a source of damage to paint and other parts of many vehicles. Any comment?

Anybody know if Stafford use recycled water? BTW, I don't want to get a body wash from them. But, there is no other way of getting an undercarriage wash other than from a service.?