Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

anuNTZ

Honda Civic 2018

Recommended Posts

So I got my Alloygators and thank god I did because a few days after that, I got my rear wheel curbed. The gators took the whole brunt of the impact and saved the wheel. Just a quick wash and wipe down completely hid all scratches on the gator! Totally worth the investment. Here’s how they look by the way.

83FECE71-074B-4431-AAE1-7415F2343EE4.jpeg

1C5CB279-635D-407C-9AFA-966D7D8625D0.jpeg

B28D2808-7E74-4C82-9721-382E5F74D88A.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

must if you do not have 100-120 mm of tire wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, misnad said:

So I got my Alloygators and thank god I did because a few days after that, I got my rear wheel curbed. The gators took the whole brunt of the impact and saved the wheel. Just a quick wash and wipe down completely hid all scratches on the gator! Totally worth the investment. Here’s how they look by the way.

83FECE71-074B-4431-AAE1-7415F2343EE4.jpeg

1C5CB279-635D-407C-9AFA-966D7D8625D0.jpeg

B28D2808-7E74-4C82-9721-382E5F74D88A.jpeg

Nice! What was the cost if you don't mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RWD said:

Nice! What was the cost if you don't mind

Cost me 19k for the whole thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, misnad said:

Cost me 19k for the whole thing

Can you PM me the location please? Do they have black color?

Edited by Hungry_Minder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

Can you PM me the location please? Do they have black color?

Done. Yup, they do the last time I checked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys, Just want an honest opinion - how's the overall experience been with regards to ground clearance? How practical is the car in Sri Lanka's crappy roads? 

Edited by matroska

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 12:37 PM, matroska said:

Hey Guys, Just want an honest opinion - how's the overall experience been with regards to ground clearance? How practical is the car in Sri Lanka's crappy roads? 

Overall, I’m still ok with the ground clearance and it is definitely better than my older Axio. I guess it has to do with the stiffer shocks on the Civic. My accident with the trench was purely my fault as I misjudged it completely.

 

By the way, does anyone have problems getting rid of bird poo etchings (not on ceramic coated cars)? I’ve used a sealant on the paint and it still leaves an awful mark that doesn’t go without some buffing. Never had this with my Axio.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, misnad said:

Overall, I’m still ok with the ground clearance and it is definitely better than my older Axio. I guess it has to do with the stiffer shocks on the Civic. My accident with the trench was purely my fault as I misjudged it completely.

 

By the way, does anyone have problems getting rid of bird poo etchings (not on ceramic coated cars)? I’ve used a sealant on the paint and it still leaves an awful mark that doesn’t go without some buffing. Never had this with my Axio.

Thanks for the update on the clearance.  So you're not using ceramic coating but using a sealant?

BTW i think I saw your car the other day at an office car park - sonic grey EX with the same alloygators  hard to miss. 

Edited by matroska

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 3:07 AM, matroska said:

Hey Guys, Just want an honest opinion - how's the overall experience been with regards to ground clearance? How practical is the car in Sri Lanka's crappy roads? 

The fixed suspension on the SR seem to cope well with the standard potholes (3-4 inches in depth), however it does bottom out when the  car is loaded with 4 adults. In most cases the ride height became an issue when driving out a from an elevated property (the trim under the front bumper) or a ridged entrance (roller gate track) when the car is loaded. In former, low speeds seem to do the trick, as for the latter, well no option but to relieve the car of the additional weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the ground clearance issues depends a lot on where you drive and the no of people you carry. I use the car 95% in Colombo and have very small kids. Commute is most of the time the school and office run. If I was a was using it to ferry full sized adults and my mates around on a regular basis, this would be a real pain to have as a daily driver. If that's you and you have a 6 mil + budget to spare you'd be better off getting a used SUV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tbird said:

I saw some facebook posts about this Civic 1l sedan. As I remember the price quoted was 6.3M

Yeah I don't know the grades though. BTW I remember reading somewhere that the sedan is actually assembled in Turkey? I can't find the source now though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matroska said:

Yeah I don't know the grades though. BTW I remember reading somewhere that the sedan is actually assembled in Turkey? I can't find the source now though. 

The Sedan has nice professional look than the sporty hatchback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, matroska said:

BTW I remember reading somewhere that the sedan is actually assembled in Turkey? I can't find the source now though. 

You might be right. According to this Manufacturing Facility Page the Civic 4D is made in the US, Canada and Turkey so from a logistic perspective Turkey makes more sense, I guess the best would be if we get hold of a VIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Insedious said:

You might be right. According to this Manufacturing Facility Page the Civic 4D is made in the US, Canada and Turkey so from a logistic perspective Turkey makes more sense, I guess the best would be if we get hold of a VIN.

Interesting....starting last year when Honda first stated the Civic's reentry until beginning of Summer, 2018; they insisted that the sedan would be assembled in Japan, whilst the hatch (because they were not anticipating much sales in Japan) and Type R (because the engine and other components would have to be brought from too many places) would be from the UK. But it doesn't show up in the factory's production list.

https://response.jp/article/2017/01/13/288284.html

Also, I beleive the SEA Civic is from Thailand ? At least the one for VN was from there when I checked it out... 

EDIT: I take it back..it is there in the Yorii factory list :)

https://www.honda.co.jp/saitama/yorii/

So the sedan for the domestic market is manufactured in Japan

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 5:57 PM, matroska said:

Thanks for the update on the clearance.  So you're not using ceramic coating but using a sealant?

BTW i think I saw your car the other day at an office car park - sonic grey EX with the same alloygators  hard to miss. 

Yea, I decided against the ceramic coating. It’s a headache in the event of any body repair since you can’t easily sand it down. And after repairing, you’ll have to redo the whole panel with that expensive coating. Sealants work just fine, but don’t do much against water spots. I use JetSeal by Chemical Guys and did it myself.

Lol glad I’m the unique one with these Alloy Gators and Sonic Gray paintwork. Seen several polished metal ones at that car park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I have a 2018 Civic EX. I bought it a month ago brand new. I'm facing a issue where the security alarm goes off for no reason. This happens randomly. I cannot think of a reason for this. Does anyone facing the same issue? Any thoughts? TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this happened once before on my 2018 Civic as well. It was the first week I of owning the car and it was in church while mass was going on which was more embarrassing.

Didn't happen again after that. Fingers crossed that it was some electrical gremlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens to my Hilux Invincible imported from UK quite a bit just randomly. From what I have gathered, this happens when something intereferes with it's signal or frequency etc or whatever you call it, a car passing by or a device nearby triggers it and goes off. 

A couple of times it kept on going, and a car came by and parked next to it and it stopped. Showed it to Toyxxx Lanxx and they were unable to figure it out because it never goes off randomly when you show it to them! They feel I was making it up 😐

It's not very frequent so didn't bother with it anymore but if someone has figured out a remedy do post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, misnad said:

So I got my Alloygators and thank god I did because a few days after that, I got my rear wheel curbed. The gators took the whole brunt of the impact and saved the wheel. Just a quick wash and wipe down completely hid all scratches on the gator! Totally worth the investment. Here’s how they look by the way.

83FECE71-074B-4431-AAE1-7415F2343EE4.jpeg

1C5CB279-635D-407C-9AFA-966D7D8625D0.jpeg

B28D2808-7E74-4C82-9721-382E5F74D88A.jpeg

Hi can you post the location of where you got the alloygators done? Will be helpful to many in the forum.. thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×