• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

anuNTZ

Honda Civic 2018

Hey guys. I own a Civic SR. My fuel economy hovers around 10 kmpl. In highway its doing 19 kmpl (100 kmh) with eco mode on. Did a trip to Nuwara Eliya last weekend and it did 14 kmpl. I didn't notice any pickup issues at all. In Radella shortcut road (which has steep inclines), I was able to overtake with ease :D

In Colombo as previous posters, I'm getting around 8-10 kmpl. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tfn said:

Hey guys. I own a Civic SR. My fuel economy hovers around 10 kmpl. In highway its doing 19 kmpl (100 kmh) with eco mode on. Did a trip to Nuwara Eliya last weekend and it did 14 kmpl. I didn't notice any pickup issues at all. In Radella shortcut road (which has steep inclines), I was able to overtake with ease :D

In Colombo as previous posters, I'm getting around 8-10 kmpl. 

Exactly the numbers on my SR as well. After the break-in, I want to see how the numbers look without the Eco mode.

Guys, wait a bit. 2019 insight hybrid is on the way... with better performance and better economy than 4th gen prius.... 

On 4/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, rajithanw said:

Guys, wait a bit. 2019 insight hybrid is on the way... with better performance and better economy than 4th gen prius.... 

The car looks very nice..like a more sleeker version of the 2018 Civic. No indication if there's going to be a turbo charged 1.0 Liter version. But isn't the Insight less roomier than the civic ?

15 hours ago, Insedious said:

The car looks very nice..like a more sleeker version of the 2018 Civic. No indication if there's going to be a turbo charged 1.0 Liter version. But isn't the Insight less roomier than the civic ?

The Insight will NEVER have an ICE version that is NA or Turbo charged. The Insight is Honda's Hybrid/EV only vehicle (kind of like Toyota's Prius). So they never have and will never intend to put a Turbo charged 1.0L engine in it.

The Insight actually looks a lot nicer than the Civic and tons nicer than the new Accord (which is hideous and reminds me of a sloth). I remember reading a Honda press-release somewhere stating that their intent is to replace the Civic Hybrid with the Insight ones it is released.

The all-new Insight is powered by the third generation of Honda's two-motor hybrid system, featuring a highly efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, a powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack. Total system output is 151 horsepower and 197 lb.-ft. of electric motor torque. Under most conditions, the Honda Insight operates as a series hybrid, in which the gasoline engine, connected to the generator motor, produces electricity that is supplied to either the electric propulsion motor and/or the 60-cell lithium-ion battery pack.

The Insight features three selectable driving modes - NORMAL, ECON, and SPORT - allowing drivers to customize their experience by maximizing efficiency or driving performance. Additionally, all Insights have steering wheel-mounted deceleration selectors to choose among three levels of regenerative braking performance, depending on driving conditions. In normal mode, the Honda Insight is capable of all-electric driving for short distances of roughly a mile. Unlike competing systems, Honda's two-motor hybrid technology works without the need for a conventional automatic transmission, with the electric propulsion motor directly powering the drive axles. During higher speed operation a lock-up clutch connects the engine to the drive axles to provide the most efficient operation during highway and freeway driving.

from Netcarshow.com

1 hour ago, iRage said:

The Insight will NEVER have an ICE version that is NA or Turbo charged. The Insight is Honda's Hybrid/EV only vehicle (kind of like Toyota's Prius). So they never have and will never intend to put a Turbo charged 1.0L engine in it.

My bad. I totally forgot the Insight was a hybrid. I think it was mainly due to the new one looking so different and has absolutely no resemblance of the first gen. 

Sadly with the current duty model, it wont have the price advantage the 1.0L Civic had. However it's cool that they have a EV and a Fuel Cell powered version of the puppy as well.

2 minutes ago, Insedious said:

My bad. I totally forgot the Insight was a hybrid. I think it was mainly due to the new one looking so different and has absolutely no resemblance of the first gen. 

Sadly with the current duty model, it wont have the price advantage the 1.0L Civic had. However it's cool that they have a EV and a Fuel Cell powered version of the puppy as well.

I don't think there is a fuel cell variant of the Insight....the Fuel Cell vehicle is the Clarity.

They say price will be in between the civic and accord, in US. New base Accord is only $2000 higher than top end Civic. So according to that this Insight should be around 8.5m SLR including all the taxes (hybrid 1.5 tax is 3.7m and non hybrid 4.9m. Stafford top end Civic goes at 9.2m)