• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

On 10/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, JFLanka said:

Hi everyone,

I have a 2018 Civic EX. I bought it a month ago brand new. I'm facing a issue where the security alarm goes off for no reason. This happens randomly. I cannot think of a reason for this. Does anyone facing the same issue? Any thoughts? TIA.

On 10/13/2018 at 6:02 AM, tfn said:

This mostly happens when the sensor inside the cabin goes off (near the front cabin light). If that's case, it will flash a red light.

Sent from my SM-G950F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Some information about the feature in fit/Jazz is here:

https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-291072.html

It says "The sensors detect if someone intrudes into the passenger compartment through a window or moves in the compartment, [and] ... the ultrasonic sensors may detect the vibrations on the vehicle or loud sound".

So, try avoiding any objects hanging inside that can move. If you happen to park at a place with possible loud sounds (like those from Leylands), it may be good to keep the sensor off.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 8:15 AM, Eagle Eye said:

Some information about the feature in fit/Jazz is here:

https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-291072.html

It says "The sensors detect if someone intrudes into the passenger compartment through a window or moves in the compartment, [and] ... the ultrasonic sensors may detect the vibrations on the vehicle or loud sound".

So, try avoiding any objects hanging inside that can move. If you happen to park at a place with possible loud sounds (like those from Leylands), it may be good to keep the sensor off.

Thanks for the info Eagle Eye. 

• Like 1

Alarm issue seems to have fixed itself. :) It didn't go off again. Hope it will remain like that.

I noticed moisture buildup inside the headlights after washing the car or after driving in the rain. Is that normal? Anyone else experiencing this?

2 hours ago, JFLanka said:

I noticed moisture buildup inside the headlights after washing the car or after driving in the rain. Is that normal? Anyone else experiencing this?

Saw some moisture in my tail lights after the heavy rains and weird climate. That’s normal and will evaporate during the day assuming it’s just moisture and not like a large collection of water. If you’re having halogen headlight assemblies, you may notice a tiny ventilation hole (it’s really tiny) somewhere in front. Not much water can get in, but you may have the occasional moisture build up if it’s hit head-on with a high pressure hose.

By the way, does anyone have like a tiny fluttering noise from the Aircon while it’s running (not when just the fan is working)? Thought it was the belt, but there’s no noise from outside or the engine area, just inside the cabin. Got the cabin filter cleaned as well, but it’s this faint noise like some paper whistling about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Honda turbo engines are designed to operate on RON91. but I am raising this out of curiosity in this tread as all the UK imports are designed to run on Euro6 standard fuel. Does anyone know the long term impact of using Euro4 fuel on these engines? 

16 hours ago, Harry (aq) said:

The Honda turbo engines are designed to operate on RON91. but I am raising this out of curiosity in this tread as all the UK imports are designed to run on Euro6 standard fuel. Does anyone know the long term impact of using Euro4 fuel on these engines? 

The Owner's Manual states:

"Your vehicle is designed to operate on premium unleaded petrol with a research octane of 95 or higher.

If this octane grade is unavailable, regular unleaded petrol with a research octane of 91 or higher may be used temporarily.

The use of regular unleaded petrol can cause metallic knocking noise in the engine and will result in decreased engine performance. The long-term use of regular-grade petrol can lead to engine damage."

Doesn't that mean using Petrol 95 is OK?

I installed the Sri Lankan map today following the trick given by Dananjaya. 

It is in fact same procedure given in Garmin Honda page.

https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site/generalInstructions

The trick is to replace the downloaded Europe map with the Sri Lankan map (and fool the system) to install it by assuming it's a map update to original Europe map. It worked...?

Instead of the older map found in that thread, I used the latest updated map from Mapmania.

Download the latest Garmin Map of Sri Lanka from this page.

Make sure you rename the downloaded file to "gmapsupp.img" before copying it to your pendrive replacing the file there.

The map above, and probably all others, are generated from Open Street Map project. It is a community based mapping tool to which I also contributed where possible. The accuracy and completeness of the maps depends on how the community contribute to it. My experience is it is very accurate. So, if you see any error, please correct it in OSM, so that it will appear in future updates.

I think we can update the map again by simply replacing the "gmapsupp.img" with new one in the pen drive. So, keep your pendrive safe.

Important, don't use pendrives created in other cars. Only use the one created from yours.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

"Your vehicle is designed to operate on premium unleaded petrol with a research octane of 95 or higher.

If this octane grade is unavailable, regular unleaded petrol with a research octane of 91 or higher may be used temporarily.

The use of regular unleaded petrol can cause metallic knocking noise in the engine and will result in decreased engine performance. The long-term use of regular-grade petrol can lead to engine damage."

Ceypetco’s 95 Octane fuel is RON 95 so that should be fine. Its MON is 85 though and that gives an AKI of 90. Must find out what the recommended AKI or MON for the vehicle is.

http://ceypetco.gov.lk/ceypetco-products/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

My Civic is a 1.5 turbo brand new import from the agent. my instructions say to use minimum 91oct but the agents suggests me to use 95Oct to be on the safe side. 

This is the exact point I asked the question on long term effect of using fuel available here (even 95 euro4) on UK engines designed to operate to meet Euro6 emission standards. 

2 hours ago, Harry (aq) said:

My Civic is a 1.5 turbo brand new import from the agent. my instructions say to use minimum 91oct but the agents suggests me to use 95Oct to be on the safe side. 

This is the exact point I asked the question on long term effect of using fuel available here (even 95 euro4) on UK engines designed to operate to meet Euro6 emission standards. 

If the book says 91 Oct no use of pumping 95 which will add cost with no benefit, i.e your car being brand new import is designed to run in 91.

UK import will be a different story as commonly available fuel in UK is 98 and most of the cars are designed/ tuned to run on 98.

Pumping 95 or 92 will make the ECU to adjust the timing of ignition to avoid knocking which will have an impact on performance and economy.

Quality of the fuel has nothing to do with Octane rating

Euro standards specifies vehicle emissions allowed i.e CO, NOx, particles, if Euro 4 fuel is used in a vehicle designed to run on Euro 6 that vehicle will not meet the required emission levels. There could be a risk of Particle filers being clogged which may be more relevant to diesels as petrol particle filters are recent technology.

Agents will suggest 95 but it will be you would would be paying, i have never used 95 in any of my vehicles unless it is recommended by the manufacturer and has never had any issues with any of the cars 

Edited by kush
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Need an urgent help.

I have planned to get Civic 1L hatch 2018 EX Tech pack. It's around 6.8 million in Sri Lanka. 

Is it worth for money? If you think it's not worth for money whats your suggestions to get a car around 6.8 million.

Would really appreciate your responses and thanks in advance.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Ahamed Irfan said:

Hi Guys,

Need an urgent help.

I have planned to get Civic 1L hatch 2018 EX Tech pack. It's around 6.8 million in Sri Lanka. 

Is it worth for money? If you think it's not worth for money whats your suggestions to get a car around 6.8 million.

Cheers

Please search the forum. 

Threads merged. Thanks @kmeeg for pointing out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ahamed Irfan said:

Hi Guys,

Need an urgent help.

Cheers

Depends on what you’re looking for. If fuel economy is important to you and you drive in Colombo traffic, then you may be disappointed to an extent. Otherwise, it is a decent car, but loaded with sensors that can annoy you in bad traffic. I’ve written a full review of my own EX Tech pack on this thread; read that too. By the way, I saw one relatively well known car sale in Colombo bringing down the 1L sedan, so check on that too.

Alternatively, there’s the good old Axio WXB that does exceptionally well on fuel or a Vezel (not the RS Sensing as that will go beyond 7.2mn). After the budget passes though, you may run out of options, so best decide soon (but don’t rush without researching). Good luck deciding! I know I had a lot of fun picking my car.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 11:53 PM, misnad said:

Yea, I decided against the ceramic coating. It’s a headache in the event of any body repair since you can’t easily sand it down. And after repairing, you’ll have to redo the whole panel with that expensive coating. Sealants work just fine, but don’t do much against water spots. I use JetSeal by Chemical Guys and did it myself.

Lol glad I’m the unique one with these Alloy Gators and Sonic Gray paintwork. Seen several polished metal ones at that car park.

Hi misnad,

I'm thinking of applying JetSeal on my new Civic EX (same colour as yours). How's your experience, and do you recommend it?

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

Hi misnad,

I'm thinking of applying JetSeal on my new Civic EX (same colour as yours). How's your experience, and do you recommend it?

JetSeal is good, however it looks like you’ll need to apply it twice if done without a DA tool to ensure an even coating. You’ll also need to clay-bar the vehicle first for best bonding. I applied a single layer myself without claybar (it still took quite a while due to the curing process) and I feel it is starting to wear off a few months down the line. It says 1 year of protection on the bottle, but in reality it’ll be less than 6 months. You will need to use a mild shampoo though for your car washes as anything strong with citrus extracts, etc. can strip JetSeal. Good product, but a bit pricey compared to the alternative Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax, which is actually a sealant and gives you more longevity.

• Thanks 1

JetSeal is good, however it looks like you’ll need to apply it twice if done without a DA tool to ensure an even coating. You’ll also need to clay-bar the vehicle first for best bonding. I applied a single layer myself without ....

Many thanks misnad. It was a comprehensive reply. I also was interested to find about one year protection.

I will revert my choice back to Meguiar. [emoji4]

1 hour ago, misnad said:

JetSeal is good, however it looks like you’ll need to apply it twice if done without a DA tool to ensure an even coating. You’ll also need to clay-bar the vehicle first for best bonding. I applied a single layer myself without claybar (it still took quite a while due to the curing process) and I feel it is starting to wear off a few months down the line. It says 1 year of protection on the bottle, but in reality it’ll be less than 6 months. You will need to use a mild shampoo though for your car washes as anything strong with citrus extracts, etc. can strip JetSeal. Good product, but a bit pricey compared to the alternative Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax, which is actually a sealant and gives you more longevity.

Interesting- I too was about to ask you the same question as I was considering going for this or a ceramic coating when I return to SL - never done it before. So I was being bombarded with all these ads for fancy ceramic coatings on social media.  I usually do the professional polish and wax once/twice a year. But I've always been a DIY guy - so I use a good car wash  product, wash mitts, 2 bucket wash, chamois and microfiber followed by the monthly quick detailer/quick wax and leather cleaner/conditioner etc. All my vehicles have looked great many years down the road. Think I'll stick to that routine.  

Edited by RWD
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 12:20 AM, misnad said:

I have one minor gripe about the driver's leg arrangement though: when I rest my left leg (it is a CVT transmission so I do not have to use a clutch), it rests on the center divider, which is hard plastic. As the seat is low, it causes the side of my knee to rest on this and over time, it tends to become a nuisance, requiring me to reset my left leg position. I haven't taken the car for a long drive though, so I'm not sure how much of a bother it'll be. Apart from this, it is a pleasure to drive...

I too felt the same. What I did was pulling the seat back so that my thighs rest fully on seat. Now the knee doesn't touch the centre divider. 

For anyone who has an EX and EXT with the premium audio system - have you noticed an improvement in sound quality after a few 1000 km's? Been reading up a few forums and they say the stock speakers take some time to break in. Otherwise was considering swapping them out for something better. So far that's my only gripe with the car.

3 hours ago, RWD said:

For anyone who has an EX and EXT with the premium audio system - have you noticed an improvement in sound quality after a few 1000 km's? Been reading up a few forums and they say the stock speakers take some time to break in. Otherwise was considering swapping them out for something better. So far that's my only gripe with the car.

Most good brand new speakers needs some time to "burn in". You can't take into consideration 1000kms like an engine. Sometimes if you drive them in moderate volume for about a week they should sound their best. What you will notice first is more bass. Then the highs and mids starts to sound less harsh and more balanced. I swapped the cheap original ones which came with the car for some infinities and after a week or so they came alive. 

Edit : I have a different car though 

Edited by TheFlyingFox