• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

Hey guys. I own a Civic SR. My fuel economy hovers around 10 kmpl. In highway its doing 19 kmpl (100 kmh) with eco mode on. Did a trip to Nuwara Eliya last weekend and it did 14 kmpl. I didn't notice any pickup issues at all. In Radella shortcut road (which has steep inclines), I was able to overtake with ease :D

In Colombo as previous posters, I'm getting around 8-10 kmpl. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tfn said:

Hey guys. I own a Civic SR. My fuel economy hovers around 10 kmpl. In highway its doing 19 kmpl (100 kmh) with eco mode on. Did a trip to Nuwara Eliya last weekend and it did 14 kmpl. I didn't notice any pickup issues at all. In Radella shortcut road (which has steep inclines), I was able to overtake with ease :D

In Colombo as previous posters, I'm getting around 8-10 kmpl. 

Exactly the numbers on my SR as well. After the break-in, I want to see how the numbers look without the Eco mode.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, rajithanw said:

Guys, wait a bit. 2019 insight hybrid is on the way... with better performance and better economy than 4th gen prius.... 

The car looks very nice..like a more sleeker version of the 2018 Civic. No indication if there's going to be a turbo charged 1.0 Liter version. But isn't the Insight less roomier than the civic ?

15 hours ago, Insedious said:

The car looks very nice..like a more sleeker version of the 2018 Civic. No indication if there's going to be a turbo charged 1.0 Liter version. But isn't the Insight less roomier than the civic ?

The Insight will NEVER have an ICE version that is NA or Turbo charged. The Insight is Honda's Hybrid/EV only vehicle (kind of like Toyota's Prius). So they never have and will never intend to put a Turbo charged 1.0L engine in it.

The Insight actually looks a lot nicer than the Civic and tons nicer than the new Accord (which is hideous and reminds me of a sloth). I remember reading a Honda press-release somewhere stating that their intent is to replace the Civic Hybrid with the Insight ones it is released.

The all-new Insight is powered by the third generation of Honda's two-motor hybrid system, featuring a highly efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, a powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack. Total system output is 151 horsepower and 197 lb.-ft. of electric motor torque. Under most conditions, the Honda Insight operates as a series hybrid, in which the gasoline engine, connected to the generator motor, produces electricity that is supplied to either the electric propulsion motor and/or the 60-cell lithium-ion battery pack.

The Insight features three selectable driving modes - NORMAL, ECON, and SPORT - allowing drivers to customize their experience by maximizing efficiency or driving performance. Additionally, all Insights have steering wheel-mounted deceleration selectors to choose among three levels of regenerative braking performance, depending on driving conditions. In normal mode, the Honda Insight is capable of all-electric driving for short distances of roughly a mile. Unlike competing systems, Honda's two-motor hybrid technology works without the need for a conventional automatic transmission, with the electric propulsion motor directly powering the drive axles. During higher speed operation a lock-up clutch connects the engine to the drive axles to provide the most efficient operation during highway and freeway driving.

from Netcarshow.com

1 hour ago, iRage said:

The Insight will NEVER have an ICE version that is NA or Turbo charged. The Insight is Honda's Hybrid/EV only vehicle (kind of like Toyota's Prius). So they never have and will never intend to put a Turbo charged 1.0L engine in it.

My bad. I totally forgot the Insight was a hybrid. I think it was mainly due to the new one looking so different and has absolutely no resemblance of the first gen. 

Sadly with the current duty model, it wont have the price advantage the 1.0L Civic had. However it's cool that they have a EV and a Fuel Cell powered version of the puppy as well.

2 minutes ago, Insedious said:

My bad. I totally forgot the Insight was a hybrid. I think it was mainly due to the new one looking so different and has absolutely no resemblance of the first gen. 

Sadly with the current duty model, it wont have the price advantage the 1.0L Civic had. However it's cool that they have a EV and a Fuel Cell powered version of the puppy as well.

I don't think there is a fuel cell variant of the Insight....the Fuel Cell vehicle is the Clarity.

They say price will be in between the civic and accord, in US. New base Accord is only $2000 higher than top end Civic. So according to that this Insight should be around 8.5m SLR including all the taxes (hybrid 1.5 tax is 3.7m and non hybrid 4.9m. Stafford top end Civic goes at 9.2m)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2018 at 7:38 AM, Insedious said:

Hi Guys,

Having being an avid reader of the AL forum for years, I thought I'd create an account and contribute as I got a 2018 Civic SR for the wifey a couple of weeks back. (Edit: Looks like I had another account already. May bad. let me kill the new one).

Since her N16 was aging (gracefully), we needed an upgrade. The SR had quite alot of features and the interior was quite impressive. With an acceptable amount of crumple zones and weight, it was the right container for the kids to go to school/tuition etc.

I got it down through a friend who was kind enough to give the UK registration papers. It clearly states the First Registration date. Even though I trusted the guys, this was like the cherry on top. 

The Car was shipped in a container arrived in SL in 3 weeks. Put the bad boy on a flat bed and brought it home on the 3rd day after landing in Colombo.

First impression of the car all positive. It looks impressive (however I still am not  big fan of the back). There's interior is roomy enough for a family of 4. Has enough leg room at the back for an average Sri Lankan. However since the seats are quite low, people with long legs might find it uncomfortable on long journeys. 

The 3 cylinder engine does sound different.. being very blunt, if a low capacity diesel engine had sex with a land master engine, you would get something that sounds like the civic's engine. But this little turbo charged puppy tend to grow on you so at least for me it's not a deal breaker.

From the performance perspective, I'm still breaking in the engine so trying to stay under 100 and 4000 rpm, but you do feel the turbo lag but once it kicks in, you can clearly feel the difference.

Handling wise, I'm impressed by how road hugging the car is, quick lane changes are quite enjoyable but I'm sure the 235/45R17s are going to make me pay through the nose come new tire time.

Fuel consumption wise, it started at 3km/L the moment after the first tankful and after about 100kms, it's at 6+km/L and still improving.

Friends, since this is my first post, if I've violated any rules here, please let me know. More than happy to adjust accordingly.

Hi,  I brought a SR three days back and struggling with the nevigation. Do u know how to work with it?

7 hours ago, Civic las said:

Hi,  I brought a SR three days back and struggling with the nevigation. Do u know how to work with it?

The Garmin app in the Head Unit is hard coded only to accept the map of Europe. Besides Garmin does not have a full details map for Sri Lanka. So the easiest option is to stick to Andriod Auto or Apple CarPlay. I'm sure at one point someone will figure out how to merge data files from Garmin and OSM together and fool the app to accept the merged data file but haven't seen anyone achieving this.

Here's the comment where we discussed all the options.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not aware of the technical points to say how the navigation systems of your Civic RS can be configured. But, the Sri Lanka map is available in Garmin. There is a Garmin office in Sri Lanka where we can purchase that map. Last year, I purchased a Gamin navigator from eBay. Before placing the order I checked with that Garmin office in SL and they confirmed that they can update any Gramin navigator with SL map. After I received the gadget from eBay, I got it updated with SL map for less then Rs. 4k.

https://www.facebook.com/GarminLanka/

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, kush said:

1.5-liter Atkinson

OOPS! Tax will be about 5million, one would rather go for a 1.2L SUV like the CHR or 3008 with 4 million Tax. The hybrid boom is OVER, Atkinson-cycle hybrids with larger than 1.0L capacity are Dead now like the Diesels. Lets see how the government reacts when the Fuel-cell vehicles start coming out next.

Edited by vag2

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using 2018 SR for two months and have no major complains. Their is a little delay in response when it comes to acceleration. However, I did not rave the thing as it is brand new. I do feel that the car is little heavy, and the engine is little noisy because of the turbo charger. Gas consumption is pretty good as in traffic it is  9-12.5(normal & eco off). I recently went to Gampaha and it was 16+ per litter with two passengers  including driver and climate control ON. Auto braking is a little headache as it push brakes unexpectedly. Apart from that nothing major. Car looks good and perform good.

10 hours ago, misnad said:

I've got a Sonic Grey car and I must say it looks dirty pretty quick even after a wash every weekend. Then again, I've got to apply the wax myself as I don't think K***nP**k did a decent enough job last time

Why dont you get the Ceramic coating done? It really does help me specially since mine is cosmic blue and it also does get dirty easily. it definitely does not need waxing. 

I can remove most of the general dust off just by spaying water (finger pressured hose) in the morning and both dust and water do not stick to the paint easily thus the car does not need much wiping off. 

But it does not mean you do not need to wash the car specially on rainy days the mud and wet dust spray from the tires will need the usual washing. 

• Like 1

I am using my Civic 2018 1.0L for about 2 months now.Regarding fuel consumption, it does 11-13km in city.Everyday I am driving through hell of traffic.I didnt have time to do a long ride yet.

Since the day I bought it I have a noise when I apply break.Like a "braaaas" kind of squeal noise.Agent told me it is normal and let it run few hundred kms.Any of you guys has this issue?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry (aq) said:

Why dont you get the Ceramic coating done? It really does help me specially since mine is cosmic blue and it also does get dirty easily. it definitely does not need waxing. 

I can remove most of the general dust off just by spaying water (finger pressured hose) in the morning and both dust and water do not stick to the paint easily thus the car does not need much wiping off. 

But it does not mean you do not need to wash the car specially on rainy days the mud and wet dust spray from the tires will need the usual washing. 

Thought of this however knowing how quickly I will probably end up with scratches and require a repaint on some of the surfaces (someone already lightly scratched my door at the car park), the Ceramic coating is more of a hassle really. It is a pain to remove in case the panel needs repainting and cannot be simply sanded off. Thought I’d just go with a good sealant and proper carnauba wax instead. Still keeping my options open though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

I am using my Civic 2018 1.0L for about 2 months now.Regarding fuel consumption, it does 11-13km in city.Everyday I am driving through hell of traffic.I didnt have time to do a long ride yet.

Since the day I bought it I have a noise when I apply break.Like a "braaaas" kind of squeal noise.Agent told me it is normal and let it run few hundred kms.Any of you guys has this issue?

Yup.. I’ve got that too and was told it’s normal. Sometimes I get squealing sounds too. Best bet is to get the brake system cleaned up properly as there can be a lot of brake dust collecting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, rajithanw said:

Now I'm using a FD1 and it was fast enough and interior is decent size for me. 

I'm planning to upgrade to the new civic 1.5T or 1.0T

Im getting fuel about 7-8kmpl driving in colombo and suburban, 15kmpl in highway in my FD1. 

Heard 1.5T and 1.0T both has almost same fuel consumption while having better performance in 1.5T. And performance of 1.0T is as same as FD1. 

If there is a new civic owner, please update me with your experience about fuel.

Thanks in advance!! 

I have been using my 2018 SR for 3 months. Fuel consumption was decent for example colombo kandy uphill was 13.5kml, and way back 14.5kml. Colombo gampaha without traffic 16+. The entire ride was done with normal mode i.e eco off. in traffic 9-10 is max

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 10:51 PM, Civic las said:

I have been using my 2018 SR for 3 months. Fuel consumption was decent for example colombo kandy uphill was 13.5kml, and way back 14.5kml. Colombo gampaha without traffic 16+. The entire ride was done with normal mode i.e eco off. in traffic 9-10 is max

Im Having same alike consumptions on city and 19Kmpl on highway with Eco + ACC turned on. I don't seem to have a noticeable difference in city with Eco mode so i drive Eco + Auto Start/Stop turned off.

Edited by NemesisArc
  • Like 1

Boys

In the process of getting a Civic EX- should take delivery by the next week.

Quick question- I am going to be overseas for 6-8 weeks from mid September and the car will be parked at my home and not driven. What precautions do you guys take when leaving your cars unused for a while? I can get someone to start it up a few times a week but not possible to take it for a spin. I was thinking of disconnecting the negative terminal in the battery, filling up the tank to the full, inflating tyres to recommended pressure and giving it a good wax before I leave. Any other tips for storage, especially since its a brand new car?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RWD said:

Boys

In the process of getting a Civic EX- should take delivery by the next week.

Quick question- I am going to be overseas for 6-8 weeks from mid September and the car will be parked at my home and not driven. What precautions do you guys take when leaving your cars unused for a while? I can get someone to start it up a few times a week but not possible to take it for a spin. I was thinking of disconnecting the negative terminal in the battery, filling up the tank to the full, inflating tyres to recommended pressure and giving it a good wax before I leave. Any other tips for storage, especially since its a brand new car?

I suggest not disconnecting the battery, but instead just starting up the car every two days for about 10min with the AC running so the belts get some use after transport. First thing you should do though is get it washed thoroughly including the undercarriage and engine bay area since it will be full of salt from the harbor. Give it a good layering of sealant rather than ordinary wax (Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax at Acme Auto down Narahenpita does this well). Once you pump up the vehicle tires, ensure you also initialize the deflation warning system. Don’t let any rain drops or water remain on the car and if it does get wet like that, get someone to wipe it off before water spots appear especially on the glass and polished plastic trims. They’re a mess to remove once they bake in. If you’re considering covering it with a car cover, be sure it is loose enough as you will surely scratch the car with all that collected dust when removing it each time.

• Thanks 1

6-8 weeks should be no issue on a new car

Ensure the car is dry, do not wash and park, water in the brakes, engine, could result in oxidization/ corrosion.

No point in starting for few minutes if you are not going to run the vehicle for at least 2-3 km to get it in to running temperatute

Ensure all the accessories are switched off there will be a slight discharge on the battery as most cars use little power even switched off.

I would be more concern of rats getting in as this is common in vehicles parked in enclosed placed for a longer period.

• Like 1