• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carmart, Peugeot

jwenn

12 hours ago, jwenn said:

Hello all,

Can anyone provide me an inside contact in Carmart. I'm really interested in Peugeot 3008.

Thanks,

jwenn.

They now deal only with Pug, so  the Sales team would,nt  get you mixed with them.   Sadly ,they wouldn't recognize a potential customer even if they tripped over one.  :D

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 5:26 AM, Twin Turbo said:

They now deal only with Pug, so  the Sales team would,nt  get you mixed with them.   Sadly ,they wouldn't recognize a potential customer even if they tripped over one.  :D

Anyways, their prices are too high.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:45 PM, Quiet said:

i saw few 3008's on sale brought by out side parties for a lower price. Do not know about warranties etc.

Sales guy who is handling 3008 is Piushan p.piushan@carmart-ltd.com

How ever the terms of import required by Carmart is not very favorable. They require cash to open LC etc etc unlike other agents

Do you know this guy personally? 

Edited by jwenn

Just to get an idea of the prices.

Tax:- 2750 x 1199 = Rs. 3,297,250/=

Break down of the car price (based on the UK site):-

Base price for the Active trim = £24,170.00 / (Rs. 5,296,518)

Total car price with taxes:- Rs.8,593,768

Note that the above price is just for the base trim and it has no additional options.

Here agents will provide you the same trim + additional options for 9.9 Million + four years of free service/maintenance

But then again I see some ads on ###### for the above trim level going for 8.7 Million

DON'T KNOW WHO'S PROVIDING THE REASONABLE PRICE

On 3/2/2018 at 7:05 PM, gNaveendra said:

Go straight to their showroom in Union place.

They may treat with a Red Carpet Welcome! :rolleyes:

We don't know Red Carpets.

Carm**t is well known for mismanagement. That is why they lost distributorship of many leading car makes over the years.

Overall picture is that their staff are less knowledgeable on what they do.

18 hours ago, Rohnd said:

We don't know Red Carpets.

Carm**t is well known for mismanagement. That is why they lost distributorship of many leading car makes over the years.

Overall picture is that their staff are less knowledgeable on what they do.

Well, I had a little chat with some of the salespersons and yes they don't have a thorough understanding of the models, trim levels, options, and their features. But it was decent enough to get a basic idea of a vehicle for a person who is a complete stranger to a specific model. And I have heard many stories of how they have screwed up the Mazda dealership with very bad customer experiences.

I think this situation is same even for agents like Colonial or Drive One (Audi). Lack of knowledge of the product they are selling is one of the fundamental mistakes they do and even not bother to resolve in future.

Overall it's a good deal with the free four years/80000KM of service/maintenance + materials and labor charges. But I still believe that they can go a bit lower on the prices.

4 hours ago, jwenn said:

Well, I had a little chat with some of the salespersons and yes they don't have a thorough understanding of the models, trim levels, options, and their features. But it was decent enough to get a basic idea of a vehicle for a person who is a complete stranger to a specific model. And I have heard many stories of how they have screwed up the Mazda dealership with very bad customer experiences.

You are exactly correct

Yes, Sales people don't know. Mechanics don't know best practices, Spare parts people do not know any thing. Completely inefficient.

Carm**t entertains these practices for decades. Somebody told me that family circle business like that. No discerning steps to go ahead with a business.

They have screwed up many premium brands.I do not know why? I hope that the reasons are mentioned above in 2nd row..

2 hours ago, jwenn said:

I want to how agents will handle the prevailing exchange rates. Do they cover the extra cost on their end or the customer has to bear the cost? 

Only if they are a charity.

One of My friends recently placed an order for a 5008 with them, According to what I heard from him, the prices seem to be reasonable considering the prices of other vehicles offered in those segments. In fact he said its Value for money with the level of options etc. apparently the service levels also have improved now.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, jaya123 said:

One of My friends recently placed an order for a 5008 with them, According to what I heard from him, the prices seem to be reasonable considering the prices of other vehicles offered in those segments. In fact he said its Value for money with the level of options etc. apparently the service levels also have improved now.

Thanks for the update

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎19 at 10:28 AM, jaya123 said:

placed an order for a 5008 with them, According to what I heard from him, the prices seem to be reasonable considering the prices of other vehicles offered in those segments

any idea what was the price and delivery time? With or without permit?

23 hours ago, vag2 said:

any idea what was the price and delivery time? With or without permit?

Hi 5008 was around 10 Mn. Depends on the options you choose. My friend brought through the sales person listed below. Please give him a call and get more details.

Shihan - 0766208208

Edited by jaya123