• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing cars from Japan

Pranavan

On 3/18/2018 at 8:29 AM, Davy said:

You might want to read the below thread since it looks like you have no clue about what kind of car you want or what mods you want to do on them. 

There is a lot of trolling and drama going on in that thread, so you might want to skip over those posts and stick to reading only the posts made by @kelum_wj

Good luck! 

thanks for that! :) ill learn from it. 

Edited by Pranavan

On 3/18/2018 at 2:19 PM, iRage said:

Well....first off all go through the thread Davy posted...come up with a proper idea of what you want to do. Then make a proper plan...in Sri Lanka things can get quite frustrating when trying to find parts and skilled labor...so you need to plan accordingly..and figure out how much you can actually spend.

Yes thats a great advice! Since i have no idea about the price's iam gonna trying to figure out my budget and then the things i could do for them. In that way i could organize and save some time. Thanks for the respond! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/03/2018 at 9:05 PM, Pranavan said:

HI, iam new to Cars and stuffs. I would like to know few things.

its seems very cheap by just importing cars from japan, like few thousand US $, i would like to know are there any charges in sri lanka if we import from japan? Ofcourse it is used car.

is Left hand cars are prohibited in sri lanka

15 minutes ago, Asela priyankara said:

is Left hand cars are prohibited in sri lanka

yes. 

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=119&lang=en

you need to convert it to right-hand before registration 

this was discussed earlier in the forum if im not mistaken do a search please.

Edited by matroska