• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda GP 1 Hybrid -

sira

Question

Dear Friendsi brought Gp1 YOM is 2011 and Millage is 65,000. i got the condition report from agents - "stafford"  - Rathrhanapiyiya .All  seems OK. only the battery condition is 25%. 

On the first day i notice small issue while driving. with slow moving the traffic jam and press the accelerator few times and apply breaks few time car seems unhappy to move forward. then i had to press the accelerator more than usual to move forward and then it will start moving like slipping or Bucking , shaking...  the behavior is looks like,  when you pressing and releasing accelerator every second. very  unusual.

how ever today i went to "Asiri central hospital" and entered to upper level parking and the road with ramp (30-45 degree i guess) . I was following another car and i had to stop middle of the ramp.  then release the break and press the accelerator , Oh my god!!!  car was not moving forward. I saw the RPM goes around 2000. then i apply break and then it start move back. then i  move the gear leaver to "S"mode . it start moving very slow. with high RPM. 

What could be the issue with this car. Honda agents notice the first issue and they said do a Tune up and change Plugs if needed. but i think this is not with the power and seems gear box

please advice and highly appreciate your valuable comments. 

Thank you 

sira

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, sira said:

Dear Friendsi brought Gp1 YOM is 2011 and Millage is 65,000. i got the condition report from agents - "stafford"  - Rathrhanapiyiya .All  seems OK. only the battery condition is 25%. 

On the first day i notice small issue while driving. with slow moving the traffic jam and press the accelerator few times and apply breaks few time car seems unhappy to move forward. then i had to press the accelerator more than usual to move forward and then it will start moving like slipping or Bucking , shaking...  the behavior is looks like,  when you pressing and releasing accelerator every second. very  unusual.

how ever today i went to "Asiri central hospital" and entered to upper level parking and the road with ramp (30-45 degree i guess) . I was following another car and i had to stop middle of the ramp.  then release the break and press the accelerator , Oh my god!!!  car was not moving forward. I saw the RPM goes around 2000. then i apply break and then it start move back. then i  move the gear leaver to "S"mode . it start moving very slow. with high RPM. 

What could be the issue with this car. Honda agents notice the first issue and they said do a Tune up and change Plugs if needed. but i think this is not with the power and seems gear box

Thank you 

sira

Hi Sira,

Sorry to hear about your situation. As far as i know GP 1/2/3 and 4 come with a CVT gearbox. And to me your symptoms looks like gearbox issue as well. Do you have any idea about CVT oil change intervals ? I would suggest you to start with a CVT oil change.

By the way, do you feel this issue during both cold and hot engine temp??

14 hours ago, sira said:

Thank you 

sira

the 'moving back' is normal with the CVT - on the surface it looks like an issue with the CVT box - you're not yet at the second oil change -can you verify with the previous owner whether HMMF was used at 38,000 kms?

28 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

Hi Sira,

Sorry to hear about your situation. As far as i know GP 1/2/3 and 4 come with a CVT gearbox. And to me your symptoms looks like gearbox issue as well. Do you have any idea about CVT oil change intervals ? I would suggest you to start with a CVT oil change.

By the way, do you feel this issue during both cold and hot engine temp??

The owner confirmed that he changed the CVT oil at the 40K which indicated on the pannel. 

This issue comes all the times. and just got one of friend in honda and he said if you stop middle of the ramp, then you  must move the gear to S ot L to climb  further. 

17 minutes ago, sira said:

The owner confirmed that he changed the CVT oil at the 40K which indicated on the pannel. 

This issue comes all the times. and just got one of friend in honda and he said if you stop middle of the ramp, then you  must move the gear to S ot L to climb  further. 

You don't need to change it to S or L but you may need to put more gas to make it move (that's the same behavior i have on my fitaria as well), but that knocking thing could be due to gear oil or gearbox issue. I'm not quite sure about the intervals of this car, but mine was advised to change 20k intervals, but i usually does it around 15-18k just to be on the safe side.

Thank you all for the update

since last week i drove this car every day to my office and realized  behaviors as below

• In the morning the pulling power is fantastic. and after 1 or 2 hours it get reduced . 
  • Battery seems quickly get discharged during the traffic jam then engine run fast

when all happen the car pulling power reduce around 40% 

let me see your ideas

sira

Edited by sira

On 2/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, sira said:

It is not wise to change CVT gear oil at 40,000 kms. Better do it in every 15,000 km. That is what recommended to me for my Fit Aria. Though the both cars are ages apart I believe that oil will deteriorate faster in Sri Lankan conditions. Better to be safe than sorry. 

Thank you and appriciate you advice. how ever i need to get this checked by a proper person. I showed to Stafford and they said do a tune up and see. not sure how will effect this issue. do you know any one who can thoroughly   check this issue?

sira