• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Custom duty cost for 2018 Range Rover PLUG-IN HYBRID Autobiography 

Junkfriend

2 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

Thanks!  I was thinking of importing without a permit. In case if I go for a permit what range of permit would allow to import this? in this case I would probably need a 6-9 mil gov retirement permit?

You can use normal government servant permit and get a 5 million duty concession. But the problem is now they are expecting 4.8 m to their permits. I don't know who's gonna utilize permit for just a 200,000 saving.

6 hours ago, Prangi said:

You can use normal government servant permit and get a 5 million duty concession. But the problem is now they are expecting 4.8 m to their permits. I don't know who's gonna utilize permit for just a 200,000 saving.

So you are saying a permit with 5 mil duty concession costs you like 4.8 mil , seriously?? Last time I bring down a vehicle for a permit (few years back)  I save little bit more than the permit cost like if the permit costs 5 mil it should save 5-7 mil on taxes otherwise why would anyone bother taking a risk.

37 minutes ago, Junkfriend said:

So you are saying a permit with 5 mil duty concession costs you like 4.8 mil , seriously?? Last time I bring down a vehicle for a permit (few years back)  I save little bit more than the permit cost like if the permit costs 5 mil it should save 5-7 mil on taxes otherwise why would anyone bother taking a risk.

Those permits should be used to bring down higher duty vehicles such as a Prado / Montero which attract absurd duty due to their higher capacity engines.

If you have Rs. 30 M go ahead and buy the RR they have never been so cheaper.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kush said:

If you have Rs. 30 M go ahead and buy the RR they have never been so cheaper.

Yhh hella lot cheaper but the only P400e is not available in UK yet so might need to wait for few months and still im not sure if there's a waiting time/pre order time :( 

10 minutes ago, kush said:

Those permits should be used to bring down higher duty vehicles such as a Prado / Montero which attract absurd duty due to their higher capacity engines.

What about 9 mil gov retirement permit (former $45K) , any idea how much these costs these days?

1 hour ago, Junkfriend said:

Yhh hella lot cheaper but the only P400e is not available in UK yet so might need to wait for few months and still im not sure if there's a waiting time/pre order time :( 

What about 9 mil gov retirement permit (former $45K) , any idea how much these costs these days?

Available with the local agent