• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

PASSENGER CAR TYRES

SHIRAN FERDINANDO

Question

8 answers to this question

10 hours ago, trish_auto said:

If you can afford go for Jap brand. They offer better performance, comfort ability.

I respectfully disagree. And I apologise if I seem pernickity here. Some of the ”Jap brands” have some tyre models that are cheaply manufactured and so more easy to locate at the tyre shops in town. It is misleading to say that “Jap brands” are all better in the manner you say. There are Korean, European tires at comparable prices that offer much better performance than some models. Like with a lot of things in life, you pay a premium for the brand.

For the OP, Personally I like:

1. Pirellis are superb. Perhaps a placebo effect due to the brand name, true, but they make me smile and isn’t that important?

2. Michelin has some solid offerings, but I think they are too expensive.

3. I like Hankook next, not because of the quality but that the quality and price match well. Plus my last set lasted ages and had great grip. 

I was NOT happy with Bridgestone B250, a “Jap brand” - they did not last long enough.

Hello SHIRAN,

Manufactured recommended size indicated on a sticker somewhere in the vehicle (post 2000) so check the sticker and stick to that.

My father told me y'day he replaced Vits RS with 4 x Bridgestone sneaker tyre 175x60x15 - 13.500 each they are Jap tyres made on 2017, which seems to me a good deal and that is the same size and the brad came with the car so he stick to that.

They are Jap tyre made on 2017.

regards

JC

6 hours ago, john cooper said:

Hello SHIRAN,

Manufactured recommended size indicated on a sticker somewhere in the vehicle (post 2000) so check the sticker and stick to that.

My father told me y'day he replaced Vits RS with 4 x Bridgestone sneaker tyre 175x60x15 - 13.500 each they are Jap tyres made on 2017, which seems to me a good deal and that is the same size and the brad came with the car so he stick to that.

They are Jap tyre made on 2017.

regards

JC

Hi John, many thanks to you for the information. BTW what is the shop's name and where is this place for tyre -Bridgestone sneaker tyre pls.

brgds