• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to get bike licence through post

Thaajul

Dear sir/madam

I brought a new bike through assetline leasing company accordingly i got the all the documents which is bike insurance and true copy of bike CR.

Furthermore currently I am working in kandy so to get bike license from divisional Secretary department in Bandarawela through post.is that possible in sri lanka?

I believe you are talking about the revenue license for the bike and not the riding license for yourself.

Its just a matter of taking the current revenue license along with the certified copy of the CR, the Insurance and the VET to the whichever the DS division the bike is registered on. Its an over the counter service. 

It is actually possible to mail all these documents through registered post to the relevant DS along with a money order for the respective amount in the name of the DS. They are legally obliged to process the license and send it back to you (a very close relative of mine is a DS so I know that as a fact). However, you will be placing a lot of faith on Sri Lanka Post and the DS department, which I'm sure you don't want to risk. Further, you won't be able to use the bike without these documents in hand.