• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for a project car

thilina247

So for a long time I've wanted to do my own project car, I have had no luck finding a ck2 or any other car I can convert to an evo 6 or above (I'd prefer evo 8). I want to restore a car more than convert it to be honest, so my questions are 1.Which lancers can be converted to evo 8? 2.where can I find junk yard lancers with a crap body or something for about Rs.500,000 or lower with preferably a working engine/an engine that doesn't need alot of work and a body that I can restore or just the body without the engine and tranny so I can put my own? I am super new to this car modification/conversion scene so please be kind :D  

On 2/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, thilina247 said:

So for a long time I've wanted to do my own project car, I have had no luck finding a ck2 or any other car I can convert to an evo 6 or above (I'd prefer evo 8). I want to restore a car more than convert it to be honest, so my questions are 1.Which lancers can be converted to evo 8? 2.where can I find junk yard lancers with a crap body or something for about Rs.500,000 or lower with preferably a working engine/an engine that doesn't need alot of work and a body that I can restore or just the body without the engine and tranny so I can put my own? I am super new to this car modification/conversion scene so please be kind :D  

Great that you have enthusiasm, unfortunately your idea will require a LOT of time, effort and cash that might be better spent saving up and getting an Evo that has already been converted (plenty of them around). To answer your questions, if you want an Evo 7,8 or 9 you will be looking at purchasing a CS series lancer or Cedia (the japanese model, which is the correct base for the Evo). The CK can serve as a base for 4,5 & 6 and the body and structure are completely different between the two generations. However it is possible to fit a later evo engine and drivetrain into an earlier car and it has been done before here in SL. But generally the best advice is to do a conversion from the correct evo model generation as the base car. 

As far as I know there are no "Junkyard lancers" of the CS generation "with a crap body for about rs 500,000". Not going to happen since the used market in lanka is very strong and cars of that age have not really depreciated that far down (and probably won't in the near future). A CS lancer is still going for well over 2 based on a quick study of adverts. CKs can be had for less so you can look at that and convert it into a Evo 4,5 or 6.

Also keep in mind that the authorities are cracking down on modifications at the moment so you currently are at risk of having all sorts of trouble with the law if you heavily modify a car.

Honestly your best bet is to pick up one of the numerous already converted Evos that seem to be on the market these days and spend your time and efforts bringing it up to A1 condition and then enjoy driving it.