• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yasas Randeepa

Question

I am having an issue with my 406.

the idle rpm gets stuck in 1500 range and just wobbles in that range after driving 50km straight. The worst part is if if i take my foot off from gas in gear the engine makes a sudden hard knock and kind of feels like the engine stops or something.

So far I have replaced the stepper motor, did a carbon clearing of throttle and intake but nothing seems to work. I am going to replace the TPS also and see whether it will help.

Has anyone had this issue before? can some one tell me or point me to where this issue might be coming from.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs and ignition coil? I believe you're taking about a 406 D8 or D9, and from memory, these engines have a single coil pack that sits on all four spark plugs. With age, ignition coils tend to give trouble when the engine is warm and this maybe what you're experiencing. So since you have already replaced the IACV (stepper motor) and cleaned the throttle body, I'd suggest looking at the possibility of of a failing coil pack.