• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

car buying information suzuki jimny 15-17

DonRJ

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DonRJ said:

Please tell me what are the pros and cons of suzuki jimny, ride quality, comfort, power, off road capability , fuel consumption, space, ect. Thank you

1.3 L has excellent reviews for off road capabilities due to the low weight, size and small overhangs, in fact if you search there are number of youtube videos where they do side by side off road comparisons with Range Rover, Defender etc.

However what we get here (recent imports) are 660 CC which may be under powered.

But on the plus side cheapest 4WD you could buy if you could live with the size

• Thanks 1

Hello DonRJ,

I had 2 of them made for 4WD recently sold (mistake) to build a better bigger engine truck which already in bad shape.

I am sure this topic turned up in here few times? but ill give few information and rest for you to search here.

Pros:

Cheap to buy in SL as it is not famous as a family vehicle in SL (2 door) and it's "Suzuki" not a toyota for SL

Power to weight ratio is high when you compared to most of the other solid axle (ie LC, LR) so good in off road 

cheap on gas - 1.3L engine (or some get 660cc not my choice)

Solid axle - best for off road

Separate transfer box - best for off road again.

Ladder frame chassis - so you can do all sort of modification for lifting

Cons:

Not comfortable at all (Have a test drive with your wife/GF before buy a one)

bit sluggish

Not the beauty at the show

Cheap Plastic interior 

King pin need replace pretty much every 40k 

Body parts might be an issue in SL????

Lack of power once you bogged or lost traction to 2 of the wheels (you can go with M16A engine transplant but it is costly)

It is good truck for the price and surprise the 4WD capability that you get from such a small truck.

Happy Jim hunting!

regards

JC 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 4:44 AM, john cooper said:

Hello DonRJ,

I had 2 of them made for 4WD recently sold (mistake) to build a better bigger engine truck which already in bad shape.

I am sure this topic turned up in here few times? but ill give few information and rest for you to search here.

Pros:

Cheap to buy in SL as it is not famous as a family vehicle in SL (2 door) and it's "Suzuki" not a toyota for SL

Power to weight ratio is high when you compared to most of the other solid axle (ie LC, LR) so good in off road 

cheap on gas - 1.3L engine (or some get 660cc not my choice)

Solid axle - best for off road

Separate transfer box - best for off road again.

Ladder frame chassis - so you can do all sort of modification for lifting

Cons:

Not comfortable at all (Have a test drive with your wife/GF before buy a one)

bit sluggish

Not the beauty at the show

Cheap Plastic interior 

King pin need replace pretty much every 40k 

Body parts might be an issue in SL????

Lack of power once you bogged or lost traction to 2 of the wheels (you can go with M16A engine transplant but it is costly)

It is good truck for the price and surprise the 4WD capability that you get from such a small truck.

Happy Jim hunting!

regards

JC 

Good stuff!

Been toying with the idea myself, sadly the price for 660cc seems unjustified 

23 hours ago, tiv said:

Good stuff!

Been toying with the idea myself, sadly the price for 660cc seems unjustified 

Managed to look one over while waiting at a service station interior is pretty good and it had fairly good space as well excellent ground clearance but not quite sure how it would figure as a daily runner. Quite ok for a second vehicle.

It falls in the same price category as a 2008ish Kia Sportage so the "is it worth it" is a question 

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Managed to look one over while waiting at a service station interior is pretty good and it had fairly good space as well excellent ground clearance but not quite sure how it would figure as a daily runner. Quite ok for a second vehicle.

It falls in the same price category as a 2008ish Kia Sportage so the "is it worth it" is a question 

kia will be no good off road, some of them are FWD

8 hours ago, matroska said:

I've been toying the idea of replacing the leaf which I racked up a few miles now. But the 2 door part and 660cc deal is a bit of a turn off, I was even willing to go with a manual one.

Edited by tiv

10 hours ago, tiv said:

I've been toying the idea of replacing the leaf which I racked up a few miles now. But the 2 door part and 660cc deal is a bit of a turn off, I was even willing to go with a manual one.

It's 660cc intercooler turbo so probably would be alright