• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best to buy around 2.7_2.8 million

Janaka Pradeep

Question

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

First up, can u tell us the specific reason for going for lower segment car? Is it fuel your concern? If so, dont expect the 1000cc Vitz to give u much higher fuel figures. Afaik, it does about 8-9 kmpl due to its power to weight ratio.

Yes mainly fuel.My car is doing about 7_8km/l. Im working in Badulla area. I have to face many problems when to find spare parts.

4 hours ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

Yes mainly fuel.My car is doing about 7_8km/l. Im working in Badulla area. I have to face many problems when to find spare parts.

You might have faced many problems which are not related to spare parts when you find spare parts. but spare parts are freely available for this make and model (Mazda BJ5P).

18 hours ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

If you expect a 1000CC Vitz to do better than 7-8kmpl in Badulla area, you will be sorely disappointed. IST might actually do a bit better but snoop around and see if you can find spares. You might also want to consider something like a Vios.

2 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

If you expect a 1000CC Vitz to do better than 7-8kmpl in Badulla area, you will be sorely disappointed. IST might actually do a bit better but snoop around and see if you can find spares. You might also want to consider something like a Vios.

Thanks. How about vios ? I think it is out of my budget.  

On 2/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, Janaka Pradeep said:

Thanks. How about vios ? I think it is out of my budget.  

Why don't you go for Honda Fit Aria? I have seen many Fit Arias in Bandarawela area. It mainly does better in fuel. 

5 hours ago, BuBi said:

Why don't you go for Honda Fit Aria? I have seen many Fit Arias in Bandarawela area. It mainly does better in fuel. 

Thanks. I also thought about it. Have you any idea about fuel efficiency and availability of spare parts? I have Toyota vios and fit aria in the list. What will be the best?

On 22/02/2018 at 7:28 PM, Nithya Ranasinghe said:

You have a couple of options in your price range: Toyota Passo, Toyota vitz and the ist.

Ive owned a vios before and it wasnt very good on fuel and comfort either.
I suggest you test drive the passo , before the purchase. 

Happy hunting! :)

I'm not very interested in passo and wagon R.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

Thanks. I also thought about it. Have you any idea about fuel efficiency and availability of spare parts? I have Toyota vios and fit aria in the list. What will be the best?

There is nothing to talk about fuel efficiency. Fit Aria is the best in it's class. Second only to the hybrids. In Colombo it does around 10 and outstation you can achieve 15 easily. Spares are no problem in Colombo. You better check around Bandarawela area for Fit Aria spares. I have seen many Fit Arias in Bandarawela town. Some even in garages. The only issue with Fit Aria is it's sensitive CVT gear box. You need to take good care of the gear box and you must put Honda CVT gear oil only which cost close to 10,000 rupees at every 15,000 km. 

Between Vios and Fit Aria, Vios is only good in resale department and maintenance department. However, Vios might be a saner alternative for you if you don't need much hassle with your purchase.

30 minutes ago, BuBi said:

There is nothing to talk about fuel efficiency. Fit Aria is the best in it's class. Second only to the hybrids. In Colombo it does around 10 and outstation you can achieve 15 easily. Spares are no problem in Colombo. You better check around Bandarawela area for Fit Aria spares. I have seen many Fit Arias in Bandarawela town. Some even in garages. The only issue with Fit Aria is it's sensitive CVT gear box. You need to take good care of the gear box and you must put Honda CVT gear oil only which cost close to 10,000 rupees at every 15,000 km. 

Between Vios and Fit Aria, Vios is only good in resale department and maintenance department. However, Vios might be a saner alternative for you if you don't need much hassle with your purchase.

Yes I must search about spares around Badulla and bandarawela. Is that maintenance cost is high in honda? I think When compare to vios interior quality is far better in fit aria. I want to use this car  at least 4 years. Will this be a good choice over vios?

36 minutes ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

Yes I must search about spares around Badulla and bandarawela. Is that maintenance cost is high in honda? I think When compare to vios interior quality is far better in fit aria. I want to use this car  at least 4 years. Will this be a good choice over vios?

Parts are bit expensive compared to Toyotas but overall not a big issue. However, some parts maybe hard to source and expensive in Badulla area than in Colombo. There are plenty of Honda parts in Delkanda in Colombo. Interior is far better in Fit Aria. Nothing comes close to it in the segment. Fit Aria is a good choice but check whether you can source spares and their prize in your area before buying. Otherwise go with Vios. 

2 minutes ago, BuBi said:

Parts are bit expensive compared to Toyotas but overall not a big issue. However, some parts maybe hard to source and expensive in Badulla area than in Colombo. There are plenty of Honda parts in Delkanda in Colombo. Interior is far better in Fit Aria. Nothing comes close to it in the segment. Fit Aria is a good choice but check whether you can source spares and their prize in your area before buying. Otherwise go with Vios. 

Thank you very much for your help. I will search those things. Then can decide what to buy.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 9:54 PM, Janaka Pradeep said:

I'm not very interested in passo and wagon R.

In that case, you can get a used Kia Picanto with about 9000-`10,000 km within your budget. :)
But now that I see you are interested in the Toyota Vios, wouldn't be of much use, although in case you change your mind you do have another option.  

19 hours ago, Clark'sson said:

As you have used a mazda why not consider going for a mazda 3 there are few going around for that price and imo its much nicer car than the toyota vios

8 hours ago, SXP said:

Is Mazda Demio outside the equitation? It perfectly fits your budget and you get much more when compared to a 1000cc Vitz. It's 1300cc and does around 10~11kmpl

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes I like Mazda very much. But the problem is finding spares. Once I had to go Colombo from Badulla to buy some spare parts to my familia. 

realistic fuen consumption of vitz arround 15 in less traffic areas. But im not sure it will suit to badulla as it is bit under power vehicle. Try for a 121 corrolla. It will be the best one for you...All other bigger models are not fuel efficient other than fit area in your price range.....look for a properly maintained one as most of 121 were hacked by heavy usage

Edited by Xtreme Auto

On 08/03/2018 at 3:41 PM, Janaka Pradeep said:

Yes I like Mazda very much. But the problem is finding spares. Once I had to go Colombo from Badulla to buy some spare parts to my familia. 

Just check spare parts shops about whether they are posting parts.

There are korean spare parts stores who are willing to post any part to anywhere within a day when you deposit. So you could easyly find some jap spares store who does that. Then you need not to go for a old hacked toyota just because you cant source parts easily.

You can go for a much newer mazda 3 for the price of a 121

And there were some 2010 elentras advetised recently for much lower than your budget which is about a decade newer than the 121.