• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to identify a swift (2005-2010) cvt version

Janith996

Question

I'm planning to buy a suzuki swift japan (2006-2010) but heard that the fuel consumption is pretty low compared to other hatchbacks. Also, i heard that fuel consumption of the cvt version of the swift is better than other versions.

Is there any way to identify a swift (2005-2010) with a cvt gearbox?

9 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, kush said:

Chassis number CVT start with  ZC71S and older one ZC53S if i can remember correct

CVT is 1243 CC and the older one is 13XX CC or so

When you test drive you can tell from the way car drives if you are used to CVT

ZC53S is the latest hybrid version. The easiest way is to identify CVT or Conventional by looking gear shift lever positions. CVT has only D-S-L positions and Conventional has D-3-2-L. Please see below photos. 

CVT

0200434A30180203W00113.jpg

Conventional

0560705A30160829W00112.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Janith996 said:

I'm planning to buy a suzuki swift japan (2006-2010) but heard that the fuel consumption is pretty low compared to other hatchbacks. Also, i heard that fuel consumption of the cvt version of the swift is better than other versions.

Is there any way to identify a swift (2005-2010) with a cvt gearbox?

Chassis number CVT start with  ZC71S and older one ZC53S if i can remember correct

CVT is 1243 CC and the older one is 13XX CC or so

When you test drive you can tell from the way car drives if you are used to CVT

• Thanks 1

I think you can not tell whether the car is CVT or not by looking at the gear shift lever. For example my Car has the attached gear shift lever positions and when I am accelerating I can feel the gears are shifting. maybe a pro member can shed some light on this.

IMG_0333.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Janith996 said:

Is this true? I heard that there are some problems in honda fit cvt gearbox but don't know about the swift.

havent heard of any problem specific to Suzuki, I was also thinking of the Premio,Fit  related issues. CVT might save you a few kmpl on fuel, but did you also consider the cost for CVT Oil /change intervals compared to AT?

16 hours ago, ajm said:

some manufacturers program the CVT to work on pre-programmed ratios,to make the illusion of Shifting(for customers used to AT,MT style driving)

Yeah. Explained this in Ela*ri also. He should have checked his model code to make life easier. Even Toyota have CVTs that give shift feeling sometimes. :P