• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what would be the good car for 3.4M

sira

Question

Dear friends

Since last month i was looking for a car . I gone thro with Honda GE 6  YOM 2007 to 2009. and most of them are good and expensive too. So then searched the spare parts and it looks this is very uncommon car and very difficult  to find used spares. very nice car.

Then i thought pay more and get a good one,  good fuel economical and bit a new one. Then i searched Honda GP1 2011-2013 and looks bit a common car and spare parts are easily available even Hybrid Battery pack cost around  120K and Engine + gear box around 140K (at vikasaitha homagama)

got few comments from few of them and they said hybrid  battery will last for 8-10 years and then you need to replace them. some of said  this model got  engine oil burn  issue and repair cost go around 100k. 

so far I have had  honda and swift and they were nice. what i'm looking for is

If its below 3 M

10-12 kmpl city and 15 or above in outstation.

IF its below 3.4 M

Prefer Hybrid with low mileage

please let me know your valuable ideas

Thank you 

sira

5 answers to this question

what about CRZ :) well there are not much for 3.4m my budget is also around 3.4m so these are the cars that i looked for.

Honda CRZ/ Nissan Cefiro J31/ Nissan Tiida/Toyota Yaris/ Honda GP1 :)

hope u find a good car :)  all these above cars expect CRZ we owned, super easy to maintain too,  j31 is not good with fuel btw

for below 3.4 hybrids you can get the Gp1 which is the newest cheapest hybrid you can get with very low maintenance costs (yeah it's common but due to the same parts are a-plenty and quite easy to maintain you'll be looking at 2011 for below 3.4 and as far as I know the engine oil issue affected the 2013 ones) or insight /civic FD3 (note the FD3's are a bit old) then you have the Wagon R's but those are ok for city driving in my opinion

for below 3m how about a Lancer CS2/3 will give you about 10 KMPL and a very decent car to drive and own

29 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Cant you import a Toyota Vitz for that price?

turns out Vitz prices have been rising in the auctions of late -  friend of mine imported one - didn't arrive yet but expected amount is ~ 3.6 M ++ for a 2015 model with quite a bit of mileage as well  that amount's probably not worth it for a 1L car 

1 hour ago, matroska said:

for below 3.4 hybrids you can get the Gp1 which is the newest cheapest hybrid you can get with very low maintenance costs (yeah it's common but due to the same parts are a-plenty and quite easy to maintain you'll be looking at 2011 for below 3.4 and as far as I know the engine oil issue affected the 2013 ones) or insight /civic FD3 (note the FD3's are a bit old) then you have the Wagon R's but those are ok for city driving in my opinion

for below 3m how about a Lancer CS2/3 will give you about 10 KMPL and a very decent car to drive and own

Thank you for the update. i was not aware of 2013 model issue.