• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hi,

I get the "Honda Smart Key System Check" warning message in my Honda Vezel (2014). This message appears frequently but not always. Any idea what its all about? Also looking for recommendations to whom should I consult for this issue apart from Dealer.

Thanks

Indicator.jpg

55 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Hi,

I get the "Honda Smart Key System Check" warning message in my Honda Vezel (2014). This message appears frequently but not always. Any idea what its all about? Also looking for recommendations to whom should I consult for this issue apart from Dealer.

Thanks

Indicator.jpg

Did you try replacing smart key battery?

Does this happen all the time or only when you are in a specific spot/area and are there any other transmitting devices nearby or on you along with the key ?

These messages are quite generic as they are intended to make you go to the dealership for assistance. Thus, the reason can be anything from your battery in the key fob draining out to the receiver/transmitter on your key and car having issues. So start with the simple..like replacing the battery or try using the spare fob..if not best you go to a professional and get the system scanned. 

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Does this happen all the time or only when you are in a specific spot/area and are there any other transmitting devices nearby or on you along with the key ?

These messages are quite generic as they are intended to make you go to the dealership for assistance. Thus, the reason can be anything from your battery in the key fob draining out to the receiver/transmitter on your key and car having issues. So start with the simple..like replacing the battery or try using the spare fob..if not best you go to a professional and get the system scanned. 

I specifically cant figure out a situation where It starts to indicate, but it doesn't happen all the time. Usually I use to keep the mobile phone beneath the Shift Lever. One option what I should try is to move it away and check. Even I tried with my spare key, but still the same. Let me know if you could recommend a place for me to do a system scan please. - Thx

15 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I specifically cant figure out a situation where It starts to indicate, but it doesn't happen all the time. Usually I use to keep the mobile phone beneath the Shift Lever. One option what I should try is to move it away and check. Even I tried with my spare key, but still the same. Let me know if you could recommend a place for me to do a system scan please. - Thx

Best place to get this checked is with Stafford motors, if not you can go to other third party places like hybrid hub and etc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Probably the push start button. It's a common issue in Vezel, Fit and Grace. First better to get it checked. Repair will cost you around Rs. 25,000 for the new part and around Rs. 10,000 for used one.

• Like 1

Hi Kermit,

Same thing happened to my friends Vezel 2014 and he replaced with a cost of Rs.28,000.00. Later we cleaned the old push start button by one of our electronic technician and fixed to another Vezel which indicated the same issue and it still running without any issue. now almost 10 months. 

I am using a GRACE 2014 and me too had the same issue and I fixed the Push start button which replaced from the 2nd Vezel after cleaning. My error indicator disappeared. cost me only  fixing and scanning charge.

We are now keeping one cleaned Push start button in our pool as stand by. LOL:D

Try cleaning the contacts of your Push start button and fix. I am sure it will work as before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RKTS said:

Hi Kermit,

Same thing happened to my friends Vezel 2014 and he replaced with a cost of Rs.28,000.00. Later we cleaned the old push start button by one of our electronic technician and fixed to another Vezel which indicated the same issue and it still running without any issue. now almost 10 months. 

I am using a GRACE 2014 and me too had the same issue and I fixed the Push start button which replaced from the 2nd Vezel after cleaning. My error indicator disappeared. cost me only  fixing and scanning charge.

Try cleaning the contacts of your Push start button and fix. I am sure it will work as before.

Ooh I should try that. Many thanks for the reply. Btw if you know any good technician or a place where I can get this cleaned please do let me know.

No dude. One of my friend did. I am in Katunayake. If you are around we could help.

Nothing much. Just remove the switch and open by pressing the two locks. clean the circuit with a good contact cleaner and re-fix.

You save Rs.30,000.00 for sure :D

Thilak

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, RKTS said:

Hi Kermit,

HI RKTS! Can you give me bit more information on "cleaning contacts"? My grace has the same issue and I'm from Kiribathgoda

Hi Rohi,

Sorry I missed your post dude. Open the inner part and clean using a good contact cleaner and fix.

If not  go to Hyb*** H*b. They charge Rs.9,000.00 for the whole job.

PM me if you need more info and contact number.

Edited by ThilakRK
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Chanuka Raj said:

Hi guys,

I have 2014 Vezel and i just got a warning light as below. 

“Honda Smart Key System Check

What shall be done on this? Please help

Hi Chanuka, your issue has been discussed before. I've merged your thread with one that has the answer. Read posts above. 

Also please search before opening new topics. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, RKTS said:

Hi Kermit,

Dear RKTS

Can I know the place where you fixed and scanned the car because the same sign appeared in my 2014 Honda Grace and I am still looking at places to get it fixed. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, ThilakRK said:

Hi Rohi,

Sorry I missed your post dude. Open the inner part and clean using a good contact cleaner and fix.

If not  go to Hyb*** H*b. They charge Rs.9,000.00 for the whole job.

PM me if you need more info and contact number.

Hey can you give me where you cleaned that part? Any tutorial video even? 

• 8 months later...
https://angosiam.com/مكتب-صرف-العملات-بالمغرب/
https://myfemalefunda.com/ضريبة-القيمة-المضافة-في-البحرين/
https://angosiam.com/شركة-دور-للضيافة/
http://marebradio.com/قائمة-الاسهم-النقية/
https://enjazalkhaleej.com/ليره-تركي-مقابل-دولار-امريكي/