Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

trish_auto

Suzuki Wagon-R 2015 Hybrid Battery failure

Recommended Posts

Suzuku Wagon R, 2015 - MH44S model is identified with a hybrid battery issue.  In the Dashboard hybrid system indicator on right side,  battery charging arrow (from wheels to battery) do  not pop up during deceleration. When the batter was checked with Hybrid repair professionals, they said battery has dead.  

I don't think time of the battery is up by now. Still less than 3 years of use.  It claim Rs. 150,000/= for the replacement and again not sure whether those are genuine or not.  

What are the possible reasons for premature hybrid battery failure ? Any users of Wagon-R here. 

Edited by trish_auto
topi changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

better get it checked elsewhere for a second opinion, agents A*W may be able to help as they do bring down the same model.

Could be a busted relay or sensor, batteries do not die suddenly.

Rs. 150K seems too high for a mild hybrid battery as this is the price of a Prius batter (used)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you get A Light indicator blinking continueosly ? Hybrid battery issues start with incorrect Jump starting, it seems. In anycase, you can find a replacement battery much cheaper than 150k.  I am also having the issue but vehicle can be used as long as Hybrid battery power remains.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2018 at 9:53 AM, npathirana said:

Do you get A Light indicator blinking continueosly ? Hybrid battery issues start with incorrect Jump starting, it seems. In anycase, you can find a replacement battery much cheaper than 150k.  I am also having the issue but vehicle can be used as long as Hybrid battery power remains.  

Can you please elaborate what the A sign indicator flashing means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lifetime of the electrolytes and porous membrane will be reduced drastically when operating above specified temperatures with high load. Was there such a use case recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charithtg said:

I spoke to this gentleman on the phone a few months back

Was a helpful and genuine person 

Took almost 30min of his time to explain how the system works and what to look for and what to stay away from. Told me Not to even bring the vehicle to him.  Not the typical money oriented people you see in the trade nowadays.

Highly recommended!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tiv said:

I spoke to this gentleman on the phone a few months back

Was a helpful and genuine person 

Took almost 30min of his time to explain how the system works and what to look for and what to stay away from. Told me Not to even bring the vehicle to him.  Not the typical money oriented people you see in the trade nowadays.

Highly recommended!

 

is there a possibility that you could share those points in here. i think there's a good wagon r review in youtube which explains how the system works but none explains the "what to look for and what to stay away from" part.

thanks

Edited by charithtg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You for all the information. Finally it is replaced with a reconditioned battery with a six months warranty.  Before that car was running without the hybrid battery for a while and it ruined the regular battery as well.  

As you aware s-ene charging system draw the power from hybrid battery during the pick up. If hybrid battery is dead, system draw the power from regular battery (though  I was not expecting) . which exhaust the regular battery and  ending it soon.

Wishing All of you a Very Happy New Year with Good Health, Wealth and Happiness. !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 9:18 PM, charithtg said:

is there a possibility that you could share those points in here. i think there's a good wagon r review in youtube which explains how the system works but none explains the "what to look for and what to stay away from" part.

thanks

Seconded :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×