• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer CK2 engine and gearbox oil type?

Std7

Hello

I have a 1998 Lancer ck2 and going to replace the engine and gearbox.I found a one already and my questions are,

Which engine oil to use? (0w10, 10w40....)

Which gearbox oil to use?

By the way this engine is 4g15 16 valve one.

Thanks

Edited by Std7

Recommended Engine oil is SAE40. So you can use an oil that has a grade that ends with 40 (0W40, 5W40, 10W40 etc.) the value before the "W" is the winter grade, which isn't applicable to Sri Lanka.

As for gearbox oil, you haven't mentioned if it's an automatic or a manual. For manual, you can use an SAE90 gear oil. For automatic use any oil that conforms to DEXRON III. 

On 10/02/2018 at 10:31 PM, Std7 said:

Thank you and yes the gearbox is Tiptronic one.Can I use the same auto gearbox oil or should I go for something else.

Thanks 

A 1998 CK2 with tiptronic? That's got to be a rare car. Based on the year of your car, I assume it's an INVECS II system which should be run with Mitsubishi SP III ATF. Best wait for another member to confirm this. Or you can ring Unit3d Mot0rs and ask.