• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda CR-V 2018

alu

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi I just purchased  the lx awd version. It' on the way from Australia. Its all new engine so realy can't  judge on it, time will tell. I went for it on there  reputation for quality and  reliability and I'm current using the second genaration  crv and I love it. I test drove few and it drives ok and the fuel monitor read at 13kpl.  Base model vtis  is pretty  basic. Lx  top of the range is worth the money. With its safety features. No CD player offered wich  my wife is disappointed.?

IMG-2b91b8e9f227508fd50187ba383fe539-V.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, alu said:

Same technology. Sorry for the mistake. 

10-11 Km/l is OK. My concern was if 1.0l engine going for 10km/l ,1.5l would not reach 8km/l.

8-9 sounds fairly realistic for the 1.5 turbo as long as you don't drive it hard. Remember that the 1.0l has to work harder in most situations (even with the turbo, it needs to be on boost more of the time) as the Civic is a fairly large car, so 10 or so is acceptable, as it's basically the same as an old 1.5-1.6 non turbo would do (slightly better actually). Just because it's a 1.0l doesn't mean that it will do Alto level fuel consumption, I do hope nobody bought Civics thinking that as it would be hilarious!

You can expect similar performance from the CRV, the 1.5l is an efficiency/emissions focused replacement for the previous 2.0l engine so fuel figures will be slightly better but you can't expect it to be amazingly so as the CRV is still a fairly big vehicle and the laws of physics still apply. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, del1972 said:

Hi I just purchased  the lx awd version. It' on the way from Australia. Its all new engine so realy can't  judge on it, time will tell. I went for it on there  reputation for quality and  reliability and I'm current using the second genaration  crv and I love it. I test drove few and it drives ok and the fuel monitor read at 13kpl.  Base model vtis  is pretty  basic. Lx  top of the range is worth the money. With its safety features. No CD player offered wich  my wife is disappointed.?

IMG-2b91b8e9f227508fd50187ba383fe539-V.jpg

Thanks for insight.

Did you drive it in SL?

Agent said that within city it will do 8-9 km/l and 13-14 km/l outstation.

One of my friend driving honda civic 1.0 turbo, which  has the same engine, said it is only going for 10-11 km/l within city.

If you don't mind what was the CIF in AUD for VtiL.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, alu said:

Thanks for insight.

Did you drive it in SL?

One of my friend driving honda civic 1.0 turbo, which  has the same engine, said it is only going for 10-11 km/l within city.

Cheers

Hi drove only in sri lanka.  At the time lx version wasnt  available in sri lanka. Like I sed  fuel monitor read 13kpl but that all can change when you start using. Im getting it down through a friend who owns car sale and have contacts in Australia. I seen a lx for sale 12.2 million little bit mor than I paid. Sorry I can't help you with the  break down of the cost since  my friend is dealing with it and he only told me the whole cost to get it down to sri lanka. Buy the way only the Lx  version  comes with peddle shifting. I think it' a must in a automatic  car.

18 hours ago, alu said:

Thanks for insight.

Did you drive it in SL?

Cheers

A Civic 1.0l turbo does NOT have the same engine as the CRV. Also, "Only 10-11 Km/l"? In the city? That is actually very good fuel consumption. What kind of fuel figures are you expecting?

Edited by Supra_Natural

7 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

A Civic 1.0l turbo does NOT have the same engine as the CRV. Also, "Only 10-11 Km/l"? In the city? That is actually very good fuel consumption. What kind of fuel figures are you expecting?

Same technology. Sorry for the mistake. 

10-11 Km/l is OK. My concern was if 1.0l engine going for 10km/l ,1.5l would not reach 8km/l.

18 hours ago, Quiet said:

how much is the total import cost and is it for a permit?

In case you are importing it's not available in Japan and have to import from Australia.

Since the permit market is going crazy nowadays you might not save much.

5 hours ago, alu said:

In case you are importing it's not available in Japan and have to import from Australia.

Since the permit market is going crazy nowadays you might not save much.

Unless you wait for a few months. THe CRV will be re-introduced in Japan around June. The drive trains will be 1.5L gasoline Turbo engine and the 2L Hybrid engine.

During the Tokyo Motorshow what Honda said was that it will be priced less than the Harrier and more close to the CX-5. So we are looking at around 2.7-2.8 mil yen for the gasoline variant and about 3.2-3.4 mil yen for the Hybrid variant.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Unless you wait for a few months. THe CRV will be re-introduced in Japan around June. The drive trains will be 1.5L gasoline Turbo engine and the 2L Hybrid engine.

During the Tokyo Motorshow what Honda said was that it will be priced less than the Harrier and more close to the CX-5. So we are looking at around 2.7-2.8 mil yen for the gasoline variant and about 3.2-3.4 mil yen for the Hybrid variant.

Even vehicles sold in Japan will be made made in Thailand, there is a chance that hybrid may be assembled in Japan.

At current duty rates 1.5T will attract Rs. 4.875 Mn. duty and 2.0L hybrid Rs. 10 Mn. with the extra cost of Hybrid it will not make sense.

You can get the 1.5T form the agent for around Rs. 10 Mn.

When you factor the cost of the permit still 1.5T will be around Rs. 10 Mn. no cost saving.