• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

suggestions to buy used car below 7 lakh

HasiEshan

Hi All,

I'm looking for a car which is in the range of 5-7 lakh.My requirements.Please help to give suggestion about what models to looking for.

1.As I work on weekdays, I will use it mainly on weekends.

2.Fuel consumption around 10-12km per l

3.My plan is used it for around 2 years.

4.second hand price can be half of the buying price.(not concern about second-hand market).

13 hours ago, HasiEshan said:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a car which is in the range of 5-7 lakh.My requirements.Please help to give suggestion about what models to looking for.

1.As I work on weekdays, I will use it mainly on weekends.

2.Fuel consumption around 10-12km per l

3.My plan is used it for around 2 years.

4.second hand price can be half of the buying price.(not concern about second-hand market).

If you are not worried about second hand market, look for a Fiat or a slightly older Proton Wira. There are 19-, 300- number cars of these models available for that price range.

Punto will give around 10-12 to the litre. Both these cars have ample spares in the market.

Hyundai Pony is another option if you can find one. Engine and mechanicals are from Lancer but finding body panels may be an issue.

• Like 1

finally a thread not about 660 CC :D 

this kind of question was asked a few times earlier as well .you're looking at the late early 80's market with that budget : which means finding spares might be a tad difficult   

1. Corolla DX wagon - solid car for that budget plenty of spares and a good second hand market simple mechanics and easy to maintain

2. Lancer Box  - an iconic car of the 80's , way ahead for it's time - plenty can be found mostly in the Ratnapura area and most Lancers have been well maintained  decent spare part availability but price can be a bit high. Good Second hand market 

3. Mazda Familia/323 /Ford Laser - Doesn't have the fan fare but the newest you can get for that price and the most underrated .A friend had a ford laser (same thing as the mazda ) which was as solid as a rock and  had simple mechanics

4. VW Beetle - not everyone's cup of tea but you will be surprised  at the availability of spares and the second hand market (pristine bugs go for even 1 Mil and above) for around 5.5 you usually get a decent specimen

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, matroska said:

finally a thread not about 660 CC :D 

this kind of question was asked a few times earlier as well .you're looking at the late early 80's market with that budget : which means finding spares might be a tad difficult   

1. Corolla DX wagon - solid car for that budget plenty of spares and a good second hand market simple mechanics and easy to maintain

2. Lancer Box  - an iconic car of the 80's , way ahead for it's time - plenty can be found mostly in the Ratnapura area and most Lancers have been well maintained  decent spare part availability but price can be a bit high. Good Second hand market 

3. Mazda Familia/323 /Ford Laser - Doesn't have the fan fare but the newest you can get for that price and the most underrated .A friend had a ford laser (same thing as the mazda ) which was as solid as a rock and  had simple mechanics

4. VW Beetle - not everyone's cup of tea but you will be surprised  at the availability of spares and the second hand market (pristine bugs go for even 1 Mil and above) for around 5.5 you usually get a decent specimen

Hi bro ,what about Nissan blue bird 1987?

4 hours ago, HasiEshan said:

Thanks for feedback !!.I found one but with duplicate book and some serious dents.now  I focus on Toyota at 150.

Well my dad had an at150 in the 1990s and it was a damn reliable car and very comfy.  But now they are 30 years old anyway, they're a bit overpriced just check if you can get one in good shape for your budget

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2018 at 4:25 PM, HasiEshan said:

Thanks for feedback !!.I found one but with duplicate book and some serious dents.now  I focus on Toyota at 150.

One of my friend currently using the car. Its a rock solid! Nice looking vintage.

Dents are immaterial. They are repairable.

Edited by gNaveendra