• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 2003

Thxrindu

Question

I am looking to buy a 2003 allion.when im searching for allions i found this 1800cc today.interior and outer condition is superb.but there are some problems to me with this one.

Owner said that this is Anniversary model.

(01) - Is there any anniversary model in 2003 allion?

And he told that this bodykit is factory fitted one.

(02) - is that true ?

And he told these rear brake light called "mal light" and headlight are scooplights.(he told that the scooplight values over 1 lack)

(03)-are these factory fitted ones?

These are my problems with this one.cause this one is bit different from other 2003 allions as i think(doesnt sure),but this was quite superb comparing with others i looked before.Thats why i asked these questions.i want to know that this is original allion or modified one?PicsArt_02-07-10_43_22.thumb.jpg.712bdc179dc302e2cafb82d3312831f6.jpgPicsArt_02-07-10_41_45.thumb.jpg.fd9d619c56b16953f31f4c83bf193d9b.jpg

15 answers to this question

Anniversary model came out in 2007(if I'm not wrong) it had wooden panels and wooden paneled steering. It also had silver coloured power shutter switches. I'm not sure of what other options it had.

The reason why this car looks different to other 2003 model cars is because this one seemed to be face lifted. If I'm not wrong this face lifted model came out in 2005 with the 'mal light'(LED) and scoop light(projector light). The projector lights were optional, I guess it was offered with the HID option.

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

Hmmm...if I am not mistaken the facelift came out in late 2014..so not sure how a 2003 car got the facelift lights and stuff.

But yes..like Magnum mentioned the lights are different because the lights are from a facelift model and yes the Allion did come with a basic body kit like that as a dealer option. Here are the link to the catalogs of the pre facelift and facelift 240 Allions.

Facelift:

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/allion-3/allion-3_200412.pdf

Pre-facelift:

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/allion-3/allion-3_200402.pdf

As you will notice the prefacelift catalog is from 2004 Feb; so the facelift would have been officially released after that (the facelift catalog is from 2004 Dec)

Also, you should get the car checked out properly, to me the front lights and bumper and bonnet simply do not line up nice and straight. So it might be in your interest to see what is going on in there. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not know (nor am I stating that) if this car has had an accident. I am just saying front does not line up (but then again I am a stickler for these things). Accidents happen and is fine as long as it has been repaired properly and does not compromise the integrity/safety of the car.

Edited by iRage

Anniversary model came out in 2007(if I'm not wrong) it had wooden panels and wooden paneled steering. It also had silver coloured power shutter switches. I'm not sure of what other options it had.
The reason why this car looks different to other 2003 model cars is because this one seemed to be face lifted. If I'm not wrong this face lifted model came out in 2005 with the 'mal light'(LED) and scoop light(projector light). The projector lights were optional, I guess it was offered with the HID option.
Interior has wooden panels.

Then the mal lights and scooplights are seems to be fitted from sri lanka to look like 2005 model as i thinkIMAG1095.jpg

4 hours ago, Thxrindu said:

Interior has wooden panels.

Then the mal lights and scooplights are seems to be fitted from sri lanka to look like 2005 model as i thinkIMAG1095.jpg

Wooden panels were optional on other models and standard on Anniversary.

1 hour ago, Thxrindu said:

Hmmmm.but lights and the bodykit is the problem now...emoji45.pngemoji45.pngemoji45.png

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Seriously? You are buying a 15-year old car and your worries are the lights and the bodykit?

I would have simply rejected the car by looking at its paint job. It's way too new. dressed up for selling.

Edited by Crosswind
Corrected quote
  • Like 1

Just now, Crosswind said:

Seriously? You are buying a 15-year old car and your worries are the lights and the bodykit?

I would have simply rejected the car by looking at its paint job. It's way too new. dressed up for selling.

You are quoting the wrong person mate :D

3 hours ago, Thxrindu said:

Is this antenna you mentioned?

When starts the original led(mal light) model in allion? 2003 or 2005?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If you had read my post you would know it came out in 2004 !

If you had read my comment further you would also see why you should get that car properly checked and then perhaps walk away !

To be honest...I think you are fixed on buying an Allion for the shiny fixtures and mal lights that you are over looking the negatives of this car.

7 minutes ago, iRage said:

If you had read my post you would know it came out in 2004 !

If you had read my comment further you would also see why you should get that car properly checked and then perhaps walk away !

To be honest...I think you are fixed on buying an Allion for the shiny fixtures and mal lights that you are over looking the negatives of this car.

And we blame car salesmen for being shrewd and cheating.

Idiots like him is the reason why shrewd car salesmen exist!

Edited by Crosswind

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Back when I was car hunting I used to run away from rides like these :D 

see this is the problem with Toyota 121's Allions etc there are too many raped cars on the market