• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer CK2 Oxygen sensor

kdw

Question

My Lancer CK2 (EFI, YOM:2000 ) recently failed the emission test due to high CO. Then i did an engine tuneup and again went for the emission test. This time i got very bad values than the 1st attempt. I went to the mechanic and then he asked me to replace my Oxygen sensor and TPS (throttle body sensor). Now i am getting very bad fuel consumption.
Is this happen due to above sensors? If so, please let me know a place to buy them. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kdw

3 answers to this question

Change your mechanic. Go to a garage that can perform an emissions test and diagnosis to identify what is causing the issue. High CO in exhaust gas attributes to a rich air-fuel mixture and could be caused from a clogged air filter to a faulty Oxygen sensor. A diagnostic scan will reveal what is causing this. 

Also, TPS is Throttle Position Sensor. Change your mechanic. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Davy said:

Change your mechanic. Go to a garage that can perform an emissions test and diagnosis to identify what is causing the issue. High CO in exhaust gas attributes to a rich air-fuel mixture and could be caused from a clogged air filter to a faulty Oxygen sensor. A diagnostic scan will reveal what is causing this. 

Also, TPS is Throttle Position Sensor. Change your mechanic. 

Thank you very much davy. I will definitely change the mechanic. Is there any good place around colombo to get done this job?

17 hours ago, ajm said:

normally you cant just replace a throttle with another used one. After replacing you have to conduct a Throttle learning procedure where the ECU calibrates its values to the new Throttle. The procedure varies from Vehicle to vehicle.

Thank you very much for your reply ajm. I will go to a new mechanic. Could you please suggest me a good place to get done this job?