• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What are the micro panda's Faults ?

mat rox

discussions like the above one might help get an idea.Spare parts,Poor assembly quality(locally) would be the main issues. Not really about Panda,but about chinese cars made for Micro and our market in general. I think like phones , Chinese cars also have different grades of same product for different markets. Parent company Geely is not a bad company at all,they own Volvo,Lotus and Proton among other big brands .

• Like 1

1. Interior and exterior plastics start breaking off after about 5 years of use. Door handles keep breaking even on a 1-year old car

2. Some cars have ECU problems (not all of them). This seems to be a random occurence and you have no option but to replace the ECU.

3. The 1.3ltr version seem to have the pulling power of a 1000 CC car. Not sure why.

4. Micro's service is horrid to say the least. Spare parts availability really depends on your luck

• 2 months later...

Hi!, There is no doubt that most of the Sri lankans are in the mood of complaining rather than appreciating. Everything under the sun is subject to change So it had better to use it for a while & have your own comment.

For the record; Micro Panda will be an ideal car for your all commuting needs but be sure to buy a new or fully checked used one cause the condition matters & it it in the hands of the user. If you use it well it gives you the best returns. 

The car does 14 - 16 Km/L in the city & 18 - 20 Km/L in the suburbs, Spacious & comfortable car with good steering. Service is compulsory in every 5000 Km to make it good.

Chamara C.Perera

CLUB CCP - SL 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Chamara C Perera said:

The car does 14 - 16 Km/L in the city & 18 - 20 Km/L in the suburbs, Spacious & comfortable car with good steering. Service is compulsory in every 5000 Km to make it good.

I met an engineer at MICRO, according to him they are also not sure about Panda fuel consumption as it varies from car to car :D

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Chamara C Perera said:

here is no doubt that most of the Sri lankans are in the mood of complaining rather than appreciating.

well Chamara - sadly many Sri Lankans tried VERY VERY hard  to appreciate the Panda but it was simply impossible to do so. A very good friend of mine bought one and did his best to appreciate his Micro Panda but eventually he realized it was an exercise in futility - he bought a Kia Picanto recently. 

21 minutes ago, Chamara C Perera said:

The car does 14 - 16 Km/L in the city & 18 - 20 Km/L in the suburbs,

wow that's impressive  hybrid-grade mileage. Better than Gp1, Wagon R and Vezel. Almost on par with Aqua when it comes to city fuel consumption. 

Are you sure you're not driving the hybrid version of the panda?

25 minutes ago, Chamara C Perera said:

CLUB CCP - SL

what is the ccp? Central Committee of Pandas? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, Chamara C Perera said:

For the record; Micro Panda will be an ideal car for your all commuting needs but be sure to buy a new or fully checked used one cause the condition matters & it it in the hands of the user. If you use it well it gives you the best returns. 

Chamara C.Perera

CLUB CCP - SL 

Isn't this the case when purchasing any used car? 

Seriously, is it guerilla marketing season at Micro? First the BAIC and now this. 

• Like 2

What utter rubbish... -_-

tried to reverse a Panda out of Dominos pizza in Panadura due to the owner not being able to reverse up the ramp (i thought he was just a noob not being able to do so) Revved the nuts off of it to get up a small incline from the basement car park. stalled twice, 5th time was the charm though. if i did the same on my car would hv flown off into oncoming traffic and landed inside the P'dura base hospital.

@Davy maybe CCP-SL stands for his name??? <_<

3 hours ago, Chamara C Perera said:

Hi!, There is no doubt that most of the Sri lankans are in the mood of complaining rather than appreciating. Everything under the sun is subject to change So it had better to (1) use it for a while & have your own comment.

For the record; Micro Panda will be an ideal car for your all commuting needs but be sure to buy a new or fully checked used one cause the condition matters & it it in the hands of the user. (2) If you use it well it gives you the best returns

2 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

What utter rubbish... -_-

tried to reverse a Panda out of Dominos pizza in Panadura due to the owner not being able to reverse up the ramp (i thought he was just a noob not being able to do so) Revved the nuts off of it to get up a small incline from the basement car park. stalled twice, 5th time was the charm though. if i did the same on my car would hv flown off into oncoming traffic and landed inside the P'dura base hospital.

@Davy maybe CCP-SL stands for his name??? <_<

@Muditha420 It seems you have completed the above (1) first condition. You used it for a while & having your own comment here.

But sadly seems you have not completed the second (2). I guess you haven`t used it well. (If you use it well it gives you the best returns) :D 

10 hours ago, Chamara C Perera said:

Hi!, There is no doubt that most of the Sri lankans are in the mood of complaining rather than appreciating. Everything under the sun is subject to change So it had better to use it for a while & have your own comment.

Chamara C.Perera

CLUB CCP - SL 

You must have mistaken it with a fiat panda which is a honest little motor. 

But in sri lanka there is a car called the micro(geely) panda. It is a different kind of animal. Actually it is a chinese turd with had been steped on and swiped all over the place by micro.

Edited by Clark'sson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Isn't this the case when purchasing any used car? 

Seriously, is it guerilla marketing season at Micro? First the BAIC and now this. 

Apparently Mr. Perera is an ingiris tiyusan maaster from Gampaha area. He teaches ingiris to bisi profeshanal peepl in 30 hrs for only 45,000 bucks.

Chaamara saar, I olso had a panda kaar in the past. It did onli 8kmpl no. kan yu halp me to find sumwan to push it so that I kan also get 14kmpl?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

@Muditha420 It seems you have completed the above (1) first condition. You used it for a while & having your own comment here.

But sadly seems you have not completed the second (2). I guess you haven`t used it well. (If you use it well it gives you the best returns) :D 

@kusumsirimachan, yes i used it for awhile and have comments of a owner of a Panda as well to judge it to be a pretty shitty car, even wiring isn't colour coded to ID which goes where as i clearly remember an electrician getting pissed while trying to connect a security system for a customer (this is not a makabaas electrician mind you), I do not know how ever in recent models they have improved this but when it came out it wasn't.

I have not owned it i would rather eat or throw the money to charity rather than buying one as the one i reversed up that ramp was new (atleast from appearance).

most cars you see on the road, unless brand new have degraded very badly in a short lifespan on that vehicle, even compared to a maruthi Alto which in looks atleast is in good nick where the paint hasn't worn or panels or fittings broken off.

Yes, u need to use a car "well" to achieve results but u can't deny that its a poorly built and finished off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

@kusumsirimachan, yes i used it for awhile and have comments of a owner of a Panda as well to judge it to be a pretty shitty car, even wiring isn't colour coded to ID which goes where as i clearly remember an electrician getting pissed while trying to connect a security system for a customer (this is not a makabaas electrician mind you), I do not know how ever in recent models they have improved this but when it came out it wasn't.

I have not owned it i would rather eat or throw the money to charity rather than buying one as the one i reversed up that ramp was new (atleast from appearance).

most cars you see on the road, unless brand new have degraded very badly in a short lifespan on that vehicle, even compared to a maruthi Alto which in looks atleast is in good nick where the paint hasn't worn or panels or fittings broken off.

Yes, u need to use a car "well" to achieve results but u can't deny that its a poorly built and finished off

I am not a fan of the Indian automotive industry. But I have to admit that build quality of Marutis is far far ahead of that of Geelys. Unfortunately Indians do compromise a lot on passenger safety though.

• Like 2

Even wiring isn't colour coded, Paint worn or panels or fittings broken off. Build quality of Marutis is far far ahead of that of Geelys

@Muditha420, @Crosswind don`t mention about its build quality further. After exposing those, present owners may not be able to sell their cars. So there will be another සදහට ම ඔබ මගේ series. :D 

We need to appreciate rather complaining. That`s what the CLUB CCP - SL members expecting. (Don`t know the meaning of CCP-SL. Just blindly used) 

Edited by kusumsiri

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2018 at 1:50 PM, Chamara C Perera said:

Chamara C.Perera

CLUB CCP - SL 

Yep,  I have spoken to several users (Mainly who already sold the vehicle) and they are in good image rather than resale value.

Some are blaming that its a worst car. I dont know why? (Im not using it but I rode it. 

8 hours ago, TharangaK said:

spoken to several users (Mainly who already sold the vehicle

Did you ask them if they will buy a Geely Panda again?

the Alto is a better choice when it comes to durability and reliability, although it has less features.

• Like 1

Past owners might say that it’s a nice ride blah blah blah...and that’s mainly to cover up the bad decision they had taken previously? Truth about all the Micro vehicles are, that all of them are terribly built in SL. All of the Micro owners(panda, mx7, kyron, baic x25) I met said they will never buy a Micro again. All of them had bought unregistered vehicles. Around 20,000kms they show there age more than a 100,000km done japanese vehicle. I met a lower level manager from Micro who quit because he cannot bear up the poor workmanship of the workers. For the price they seem to be a nice package. I’m yet to see a Kyron which has been registered after the 2008 permit era. Haven’t seen C numbered MX7s. I rarely see a newly registered Panda. Panda might be the only one which still sells because of the lower price. The reason is that most people tend to buy a car(unregistered) when it seems to be fully loaded for a lower price from any manufacturer. So during the first few months they sell like hot cakes for the trend. But after sometime when those cars starts to show their problems and quality problems, people don’t buy them anymore. Just like what happened to Kyron, MX7 and Panda. Same thing is going to be happened to the New MG ZX soon. Even for the japanese vehicles. I recall during 2013-2015  Vezels, Fits and Graces were flooded to SL. But now we only see a few 2016 afterward made models on the road, because of the bad reputation cause by the clutch plate replacement. This is the true story.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:50 PM, Chamara C Perera said:

Chamara C.Perera

CLUB CCP - SL 

Oh man don’t mix up the last paragraph with a Honda Insight?. Those fuels figures are hard to come by, even if those Pandas were pushed off from a hill for free fall.... I hope that you are a “devoted” member from that facebook’s geely panda owners club in SL..I know that Club CCP stands for “Chaterma Chater Panda”?. This club is like a cult of panda where bright red pandas with stickers of demons and quotes saying about speed, popping up every 20 minutes saying “my beast”. Almost all of them are believing that Panda is the best car in Sri Lanka. It’s a really nice page to spend a few minutes laughing?

23 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Past owners might say that it’s a nice ride blah blah blah...and that’s mainly to cover up the bad decision they had taken previously? Truth about all the Micro vehicles are, that all of them are terribly built in SL. All of the Micro owners(panda, mx7, kyron, baic x25)

Kyron too? Oh man..

I had the chance to drive a Geely Emgrand on a long journey recently and was quite impressed with what it offered for the price of it (3.1mil brand new!) The drive was enjoyable too. Steering was nice and meaty with minimal body roll compared to an Axio.

Edited by Hyaenidae

2 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Kyron too? Oh man..

I had the chance to drive a Geely Emgrand on a long journey recently and was quite impressed with what it offered for the price of it (3.1mil brand new!) The drive was enjoyable too. Steering was nice and meaty with minimal body roll compared to an Axio.

I have never driven but have been a passenger for a very short time. But most owners claim that Kyron is a very comfortable and nice vehicle to drive despite for really high maintenance and service costs, and frequent engine parts replacements (the engine and gearbox is from Merc of course). But interior parts are poorly assembled with creeks here and there. Close a door and you’ll notice that mellow and loose thump as another sign of cheap build. I agree with you for the fact that emgrand is a real bargain for the price. There must be some Volvo dna in the powertrain and chassis, but again SL build quality is the ultimate winner here over anything else?