• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what are the Best fuel economical cars

DSF

Question

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, DSF said:

I want to get idea about what are the fuel economical cars? Is it 650 Cc ones or 1300/1500Cc ones (for the city rides and climbing mountains)

The 650cc ones manage hills easy due to the measly weight well executed CVT transmission, don't expect to accelerate and overtake on hills like a local bus though, I don't see much of a difference between a 650cc and 1000cc in terms of economy, 

Edited by tiv

2 hours ago, tiv said:

The 650cc ones manage hills easy due to the measly weight well executed CVT transmission, don't expect to accelerate and overtake on hills like a local bus though, I don't see much of a difference between a 650cc and 1000cc in terms of economy, 

With manual they pull even better on hills. You could easily overtake most vehicles 

Edited by Magnum

On 1/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, tiv said:

Thanks for quoting. I could get an idea through that.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:24 PM, Magnum said:

With manual they pull even better on hills. You could easily overtake most vehicles 

Yes that's true,but the thing is most 650Cc ones are CVT and mild hybrid ,,,so in hill areas they would burn much fuel,( even don't overtake) isn't it?

1 hour ago, DSF said:

Yes that's true,but the thing is most 650Cc ones are CVT and mild hybrid ,,,so in hill areas they would burn much fuel,( even don't overtake) isn't it?

I was following a Hustler on the way Nuwaraeliya. It didn't seem like it was struggling, however I think only the driver was in the car. 

6 hours ago, DSF said:

Not exactly true, comparatively they consume less than an average high capacity motor even at high revs, this is what I noticed in personal experience in the last 2 weeks. But there is no way they offer the Mpg/ kmpl the adverts quote. Whatever the fuel and whatever the maintenance  

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

I was following a Hustler on the way Nuwaraeliya. It didn't seem like it was struggling, however I think only the driver was in the car. 

Even with 2 passengers they are kind of nippy, but with 4 60+kg adults and 2 bags they can maintain pace, but to accelerate, I'd say patience is required.

I wouldn't bother taking one if I wanted to climb a nice hilly road.

Btw if that Hustler was a green one with non-stock rims and tyres, I think I know the owner; who takes a daily commute that way and he flies through that road daily alone in that car.