• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

bj3p distributor

Niwantha2007

Question

10 answers to this question

What you feel when the engine is running.?
I newly brought this car, I don't have history. and when the idling there is mis and suddenly nock is coming.and when the accelarating mute the engine. I doubt whether it is distributor, because why only third cylinder not function. How about, test the compressure

13 minutes ago, Niwantha2007 said:
14 minutes ago, Niwantha2007 said:
Car model is Mazda Familia, 2001 BJ3P 1300cc

it is ok used one.

Try used parts shops around Dehiwala area. What is the actual problem ?. If it is the Distributor Cap or Rotor  , those may be available as new parts.  Why not suspect ignition wires ?

Try used parts shops around Dehiwala area. What is the actual problem ?. If it is the Distributor Cap or Rotor  , those may be available as new parts.  Why not suspect ignition wires ?
thanks,
I did engine tuneup & checked wires too. Technician said that the third cylinder not function. and I verify this eith another technician. both confirm that hole distributor should replace.

2 minutes ago, Niwantha2007 said:

thanks,
I did engine tuneup & checked wires too. Technician said that the third cylinder not function. and I verify this eith another technician. both confirm that hole distributor should replace.

41 minutes ago, Niwantha2007 said:
1 hour ago, Rohnd said:

I newly brought this car, I don't have history. and when the idling there is mis and suddenly nock is coming.and when the accelarating mute the engine. I doubt whether it is distributor, because why only third cylinder not function. How about, test the compressure

could it be due to a timing issue?

On 1/28/2018 at 6:14 PM, Niwantha2007 said:
On 1/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, Rohnd said:

Better to check the Distributor cup for any micro cracks internally also wire connections to third cylinder with wire resistance measure (as you said) before proceeding with the replacement with whole distributor unit.

A test about the compression is also a possible clue. but beyond and not related to an ignition fault.

Better to check the Distributor cup for any micro cracks internally also wire connections to third cylinder with wire resistance measure (as you said) before proceeding with the replacement with whole distributor unit.
A test about the compression is also a possible clue. but beyond and not related to an ignition fault.
Thanks,
there are cracks in rotor arm and I am planning to check with new rotor arm , rotor cup & wires.
and I have another clue when engine temparatue saturate mis is getting worst but when high rpm is getting better

Thanks,
there are cracks in rotor arm and I am planning to check with new rotor arm , rotor cup & wires.
and I have another clue when engine temparatue saturate mis is getting worst but when high rpm is getting better
I did change ignition arm but same result.
Finally I send car to the Mazda work shop and they have changed the petrol pump and the air hose and problem solved.
Tank you verymuch .

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk