• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Toyota Allion 2012] Strange Noise from Engine + CVT in Low Speeds

udinnet

Hi,

I'm driving a 2012 Allion clocked around 65k in it's odometer. All the periodic maintenance are done though the agents. Recently I've noticed a strange KRRRR.. sound when the car is slowing down from 30km/h to 10km/h. I heard this noise when I'm driving (A/C turned off and both passenger side and driver side shutters are fully open) through a quiet lane which has walls on both sides. So I can hear the car's noises very well. When the car slows down to 10km/h this KRRRR... sound came from the left side of it and fades away within few seconds. Also I can hear this sound even in sudden pick-ups of the vehicle from 10km/h or below. I'm suspecting there is something wrong with my CVT. Have any of you had the same problem? 

Thanks.  

Edited by udinnet

15 minutes ago, udinnet said:

Hi,

I'm driving a 2012 Allion clocked around 65k in it's odometer. All the periodic maintenance are done though the agents. Recently I've noticed a strange KRRRR.. sound when the car is slowing down from 30km/h to 10km/h. I heard this noise when I'm driving (A/C turned off and both passenger side and driver side shutters are fully open) through a quiet lane which has walls on both sides. So I can hear the car's noises very well. When the car slows down to 10km/h this KRRRR... sound came from the left side of it and fades away within few seconds. Also I can hear this sound even in sudden pick-ups of the vehicle from 10km/h or below. I'm suspecting there is something wrong with my CVT. Have any of you had the same problem? 

Thanks.  

these might be helpful :

2 hours ago, matroska said:

these might be helpful :

Hi matroska,

Thanks for the reply. Both of those issues are different from what I'm experiencing right now. Mine doesn't have any issues with pulling power and doesn't make any noises when reversing. I'm planning to go to TL next week and have them inspected the car. I just want to know whether this is a common noise to all the models using this CVT box. I called one of the engineers at TL and he said this noise maybe a common one for all the Allion/Premio s before 2013 which they haven't notice. Also he said, if there is no jerks when hill climbing and no issues with the usual pulling power, this may not a big problem to worry about. 

Edited by udinnet

55 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Start your diagnosis by checking the brake pad thickness, then check the fluid level of your transmission,.

Hi Twin Turbo,

• The break pads were replaced few months back at TL. More importantly this noise comes while the breaks are not engaged. 
  • Yes, I will ask the technicians to check the CVT fluid level when I go for the inspection next week. But the hard part is I don't see any oil leakage whatsoever in my car. So, technically the CVT fluid level should be there intact right?

Thanks.