• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a honda insight. But i have a small doubt because of my friends said that insight has some manufacturing problem. Is it true?

When i check second hand market, it is very less. For selling an insight, owners are waiting for two three months.

with those reasons, will it be a good choice to go with an insight?

If there is an insight owner, please share your experience.

My budget is about 3.5mn. 

Regards

Kelum

5 hours ago, Kelum Prabash said:

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a honda insight. But i have a small doubt because of my friends said that insight has some manufacturing problem. Is it true?

When i check second hand market, it is very less. For selling an insight, owners are waiting for two three months.

with those reasons, will it be a good choice to go with an insight?

If there is an insight owner, please share your experience.

My budget is about 3.5mn. 

Regards

Kelum

other than manufacturing problem = car being discontinued i don't know any special issues other than common issues you could get on a hybrid 

due to the taxes around 2012-2014 many insight cames to SL dirt cheap could explain the low price ... a very close friend of mine has a 2009 KP plated one that has done about 120,000 km's no issues so far - decent car not overly comfortable and a little cramped imo but  as long as it's properly maintained  (CVT gear box etc) nothing special i know of ..the owners who waited for 3 months may have overpriced their cars. Anyways it's not easy to sell cars in the 3Mill range becuase that falls in the 660/1000 CC fanboy club :D a friend had to  wait a couple of months to sell her hyundai accent she bought brand new and was in pristine condition. Car's being an appreciating asset days in SL are slowly ending 

there were many many insight threads in the past on this forum describing various issues etc read them to get a good idea.

Edited by matroska

Our household has a 2009 Dec Insight which we baught unregistered. Its now done 89,000 km's. Besides 1-2 battery cells going bad (there are plenty of places that do an easy and economical fix of this) - we've had no issues whatsover. Of course with such high mileage on our local roads the suspension needs an overhaul but other than that its been painless.

We put it up for sale a few weeks ago - and there has been one or two interested buyers. I didn't expect it to be sold quickly but I don't think you can sell most used cars besides the Corolla 121'ns etc overnight.

We found that fuel consumption fine- its does between 12-14 in Colombo. People who complain that's bad need to understand that the Insights were never going to do as well as the Prius.

What I don't like is that lousy ride, handling, vague steering, CVT box and the engine which sounds like an old sewing machine when you put the pedal down. Also the driving position is horrible.

• Like 1