• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lexus 450 2012 vs Montero sport 2012

Dashi

10 minutes ago, Dashi said:

Can someone please tell me which one is the better option. I keep getting different feedback. Please help

Two vehicles have basically nothing in common

Depends on your requirements you will need to decide which suits you

The Lexus has a much better ride quality, much better build quality, a much better finish, comes much well equipped, solidly put together (putting aside that is a hybrid). Don't expect to buy cheap Chinese parts at Panchi and still have the car run perfectly. 

The Montero Sport...harder ride, cheap plasticy finish, benchy seats you slide off of, pretty good off roading capabilities that will leave the Lexus eating its mud. Simple tech with perhaps a wider range of cheap chinese crappy parts you probably shouldn't be putting in any car...

:) I know....but the thing is my answer had a hidden meaning behind it.

Both these cars will have something or the other which our car buying public will damn it for. The Montero it will start by it being built in Thailand to all the way down to "dunu" suspension making the back bounce....the Lexus it will start off by it being Hybrid no cheap parts around. So IMO...its more or less the same when it comes to resale...depends on the time and who is in the market looking for a car.

The hidden meaning in my previous response was...one should not be looking at a SUV in SL if resale ability (or fuel consumption) is high on the list of concerns. You will always be able to sell it...but if you are expecting to sell it at a profit (like most people in SL expect to)...then don't.

Edited by iRage

10 minutes ago, Dashi said:

Which one would be easier to sell?

Montero Sport

Montero sport is based on the L200 pickup and is made in Thailand it is made for harsh conditions.

L450 is a Luxury SUV based on car platforms more suited for Urban/ on road conditions

L450 will be a classy vehicle and will not be out of place anywhere.

if I were you, I'd go for the lexus. Better creature comforts and far less common than the Monty Sport. Also more suited for the urban commute.

You will definitely take a big hit on the depreciation- but no used vehicles besides the Corollas and the Premios are easy to sell nowadays with our see- saw vehicle market

Also what kind of feedback can you give me on the availability of spare parts for the Lexus. Some garage guy says Lexus spares are hard to find any knowledge on that? Also any thoughts on hybrid vehicles? Since the Lexus IS mainly hybrid 

Finding parts in SL will be difficult as it is not a mainstream / popular vehicle here. You will have to order and wait. Consumables (air/oil filters) etc. may be common with other Toyota siblings.

You will have to do your own research and find out

I have to say, all three of you have convinced me to buy a Lexus . ??

RWD maybe you can give me the details of the supplier for the spare parts too which will be helpful.

one last question any views on the hybrid Lexus?? Pros and cons please... thanks thanks thanks