• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

30000 usd Permit

top tip

I am currently entitled to a vehicle permit of 30000 USD, Now i want to know what are the vehicles i can import/buy from this permit. i am particularly interested on purchasing a European executive car, If i am not possible to do so what are the other vehicles which are possible to be bought as a means of buying and selling. 

or as a last resort what is the price i can simply sell my permit for?

Hello @top tip ,

With the current system that is in force since November 2017, for a USD 30000 govt officer permit you can import any car of any cost or engine capacity. Your permit only entitles you for a Rs. 3 million discount on duty. In the case the duty is less than or equal to Rs. 3 million, then you are entitled for a 30% discount on your duty. Thats all. No benefits like the previous years so choose wisely.

Guys, please note that we don't encourage trading permits here in Autolanka, If you read the conditions on the permit, you will see that it is illegal to sell it.

Yes, many do that but we always encourage our forum members to abide by the law, even if 99% of Sri Lankans don't.