• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Coolant leaking into cabin floor

whmsujith

Question

Hi Friends,

I have a serious issue in my wife's car as last weekend I suddenly saw some dampness in the driver side cabin floor and found that it's coolant. Car is March AK 12 and 6 months ago there was a heating issue. Fault was that the fan was not working in required speed and replaced the fan motor and Full radiator clean up was done also. Then the problem was fixed. Car is not being used much wife drives about 200km per month mostly on weekends. Please help me to figure out the problem mates, Thanks.

8 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, whmsujith said:

Hi Friends,

I have a serious issue in my wife's car as last weekend I suddenly saw some dampness in the driver side cabin floor and found that it's coolant. Car is March AK 12 and 6 months ago there was a heating issue. Fault was that the fan was not working in required speed and replaced the fan motor and Full radiator clean up was done also. Then the problem was fixed. Car is not being used much wife drives about 200km per month mostly on weekends. Please help me to figure out the problem mates, Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your issue. There is nothing to be worried as this is a straight fix. The issue is you have a leak in your heater core line. Either you can replace it with a good one/get it fixed if possible or close the heater core line(as this part is not been used in SL weather conditions). Get this vehicle to a good mechanic and he should be able to fix the issue.

However, if you want to keep the car in original condition, i suggest you to fix it or replace that leaking part, or else what most of the mechanics does is, block that line permanently(which is less cheaper fix) so such issue will not occur thereafter. 

1 hour ago, PerfMad said:

Sorry to hear about your issue. There is nothing to be worried as this is a straight fix. The issue is you have a leak in your heater core line. Either you can replace it with a good one/get it fixed if possible or close the heater core line(as this part is not been used in SL weather conditions). Get this vehicle to a good mechanic and he should be able to fix the issue.

However, if you want to keep the car in original condition, i suggest you to fix it or replace that leaking part, or else what most of the mechanics does is, block that line permanently(which is less cheaper fix) so such issue will not occur thereafter. 

38 minutes ago, The Stig said:

As perfmad said the issue is with your heater core. Shouldnt be too hard to fix. You can also take the shortcut of blocking the coolant lines to the heater core.

Premad, The Stig, thanks both of you. I will get it fixed soon.

8 hours ago, john cooper said:

Please make sure cooling system filled with the correct type of coolant to help prevent the aluminium corrosion.

I am going to fill it with caltex green clour, I think it is the correct one.

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

You may have a serious safty issue if the coolant gushes onto your feet ! and possible engine damage by running with low coolant. Get the car looked at by a pro immediately. 

Yes, after seen this, only ran about 2 km from home to garage Tuesday evening. it will be fixed today tomorrow. I am afraid, I don't have time to be in the garage when the repair is going on, only telephonic conversations with the mechanic. :sad-smiley-050: