• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car for a Taxi Service - U*** or P***M*

NY_Kid

Question

Guys and Gals,

I'm planning to buy couple of 660CC vehicles to start a taxi service. These are my requirements. 

Budget - 2.5M to 3M

Condition - Unregistered

Resell - After 3 years

Fuel Consumption: Above 18 in City

Drive: Auto

There are lot of new cars below 1000CC entering the market with new tax lows.  So I'm not sure what vehicles to look for. I shortlisted some of the options. They are listed below.

Make             Type        
Toyota           Pixis
Suzuki           Wagon R,    HUSTLER,    SPACIA
Daihatsu       Mira ES, Move    

Can you all help me to decide one out of these options? If you have any other ideas on the vehicle types, please feel free to share.

Cheers,

NY_KID

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, NY_Kid said:

Guys and Gals,

I'm planning to buy couple of 660CC vehicles to start a taxi service. These are my requirements. 

Budget - 2.5M to 3M

Condition - Unregistered

Resell - After 3 years

Fuel Consumption: Above 18 in City

Drive: Auto

There are lot of new cars below 1000CC entering the market with new tax lows.  So I'm not sure what vehicles to look for. I shortlisted some of the options. They are listed below.

Make             Type        
Toyota           Pixis
Suzuki           Wagon R,    HUSTLER,    SPACIA
Daihatsu       Mira ES, Move    

Can you all help me to decide one out of these options? If you have any other ideas on the vehicle types, please feel free to share.

Cheers,

NY_KID

Wagon R's the go to car for most taxi drivers/owners - only feedback i know is from a relative of mine who hated it - she claimed it was horribly under powered but since you won't be driving it as a family vehicle  i guess you won't mind. 

as for resale with the influx of 660 cc rides im not sure if there will be a huge resale market like the days of old but 3 years is a long time and god knows what will have happened by then :D 

• Like 1

If this vehicle will only be used for a taxi service then the wagon r is the best bet out of the lot. You need maximum fuel economy to maximize your profit. Mira or pixies will not do better than the wagon r in city traffic. The spacia is a waste because it will still be in the same vehicle category as the wagon r

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Stig said:

If this vehicle will only be used for a taxi service then the wagon r is the best bet out of the lot. You need maximum fuel economy to maximize your profit. Mira or pixies will not do better than the wagon r in city traffic. The spacia is a waste because it will still be in the same vehicle category as the wagon r

Actually I would personally prefer Spacia over wagon R, if there's no significant cost difference. Spacia can carry more luggage (suitable for airport hires) and you can lug around your old junk whenever necessary. I know a bloke who owns a Spacia who transports everything from bags of cement to steel structures in his car.

Another idea is to consider an Every (passenger version). Again, I am not certain about the price differences but I happen to travel in Uber quite often and there was one Every that came to pick me up one day. It was probably the least troublesome ride I had on Uber.

• Like 2

Actually I would personally prefer Spacia over wagon R, if there's no significant cost difference. Spacia can carry more luggage (suitable for airport hires) and you can lug around your old junk whenever necessary. I know a bloke who owns a Spacia who transports everything from bags of cement to steel structures in his car.
Another idea is to consider an Every (passenger version). Again, I am not certain about the price differences but I happen to travel in Uber quite often and there was one Every that came to pick me up one day. It was probably the least troublesome ride I had on Uber.
I agree with you if it was for personal use + taxi service. But I assume op is going to operate these with drivers on full time basis and not have any personal travel involved.
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, NY_Kid said:

Thank you lovely people for your time and effort. I'll buy a wagon R or Spacia.

Do you think it's a wise idea to put a vehicle for Uber with a driver? That's the final question I need to find an answer :D

You initially said "I'm planning to buy couple of 660CC vehicles to start a taxi service." and now asking this question :rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Croozer said:

You initially said "I'm planning to buy couple of 660CC vehicles to start a taxi service." and now asking this question :rolleyes:

Yeah.. I know :(

I got positive feedback from most of the taxi drivers. But all of my friends are telling me to not to do it.

On 23/01/2018 at 3:38 PM, Crosswind said:

Unregistered Every Wagon would be 3mil + 

Btw city fuel economy of above 18km/l is bit far fetched 

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Unregistered Every Wagon would be 3mil + 

Btw city fuel economy of above 18km/l is bit far fetched 

This is so true! the 660cc mira blips around 18-19kmpl despite the company bloating 30kmpl!