• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Engine oil fit shuttle gp2

Hs99

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Check your user manual to find out the recommended viscosity of engine oil for your car engine.

I think most hybrids use an oil viscosity lower than 30 when new.

Thank you Magnum, but i got this car as a registered one i SL and didnt get a manul. :/

12 hours ago, Hs99 said:

Thank you Magnum, but i got this car as a registered one i SL and didnt get a manul. :/

I'm not sure if someone here would have one, but there are plenty of Facebook car groups where there would be other GP2 owners who would have it. There are some groups which are specifically for hybrids also.

Using an engine oil viscosity higher than recommended would strain the engine and reduce the fuel economy

I have been using Havoline ECo 0W 20 (cost 4850 Rs.) for nearly 40000 kms, it does the job. 

Though this is a synthetic oil, I make sure to maintain a service interval of 5000 km. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used a Shuttle GP2 for 2 years, and I always used Valvoline can remember exact number but it was a valvoline mineral oil. 

Whilst i was using it I got a transmission oil light, even that I put valvoline. People warn to use HMMF but even after putting valvoline i did 50,000KM no problems. 

Anyway answering the question, I have also once put Toyota hybrid oil when in a service at Automiraj. But a specialized oil by a company that has been manufacturing engine oil for a long time cant let you down.