• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Confused between Axio Luxel and Civic FD1

alpha17

Finally i’m ready to sell my good old 121 (budget is okay?) and move on to something new. A close friend of mine owns an Axio Luxel 2007 model, which was imported and used by himself. He also plans to sell it and go for Axio Hybrid. I have the idea to go for that Luxel because I have driven it a couple of times and car is in mint condition, except the dashboard which needs a replacement due to the cracking issue. Also the front suspension needs repairs. Other than that the car is in perfect condition. No dents.Body and interior are perfect. He maintained the car regularly and loves it. Luxel has a good option list like tiptronic,auto parking,pre crash safety and radar cruise control (not even available in 2017 premio/allion).And also I like the 1.8l engine. The only thing that keeps me pulling away is the mileage of 112k kms. What are the running repairs I might face if i bought this?

Is it a risk to buy this car instead of going for an unknown civic fd1 with low mileage?(civic might be better in terms of handling,but power wise both might be equal)

Please share your valuable ideas

Cheers???

If you have driven a 121 which is clocked around 150,000 why are you afraid of the 112,000 of the Axio? Engine must be in perfect condition except for few minor issues which can be sorted out by regular bass uncle. 

Macho, bear in mind that all most all cars in Sri Lanka have concocted mileages. Don't go and look for low mileage cars but look for car with good engine and body.

P.S. The cool civics were actually the cars from 1990s. They haven't made a JDM hero after the EK series except for the brand new model they released recently IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Civic might be the funner car to drive. However, the 1.8L engine in the Axio makes a huge difference and changes the car entirely. The Axio you are referring to is not a Luxel. It is a Luxel Alpha edition. The Alpha edition was the highest grade and was offered with the safety systems you refer to. In fact according to Toyota it was the first of its class in Japan to have them. It should have TRC and VSC as well ? I believe that too was standard on the Alpha edition.

If you think about it....112k for a car of that vintage is natural. The Luxel has the 2ZR-FE engine which has a pretty decent reliability record provided it has been taken care of. Some common issues with the engine in general seems to be the timing chain tensioner which gives out a vibration and the water pump having issues. So you might want to check that out and swap out if need be. Apart from that the other stuff are just normal stuff people keep freaking out about with all Toyota engines (you know...the oil sludge, etc...). All of these are easily rectifiable. Plus there would be typical CVT oil changes, etc...as for the front suspension...when you are fixing it just don't swap out the shock absorbers...look at the various bushings as well.

Personally, I would go with the known car unless the unknown car is really special and it is obvious that the car has been taken care of.

EDIT : By the way....your friend will be miserable driving and riding in the Axio Hybrid after the Luxel :)

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DhoRK said:

Finally i’m ready to sell my good old 121 (budget is okay?) and move on to something new. A close friend of mine owns an Axio Luxel 2007 model, which was imported and used by himself. He also plans to sell it and go for Axio Hybrid. I have the idea to go for that Luxel because I have driven it a couple of times and car is in mint condition, except the dashboard which needs a replacement due to the cracking issue. Also the front suspension needs repairs. Other than that the car is in perfect condition. No dents.Body and interior are perfect. He maintained the car regularly and loves it. Luxel has a good option list like tiptronic,auto parking,pre crash safety and radar cruise control (not even available in 2017 premio/allion).And also I like the 1.8l engine. The only thing that keeps me pulling away is the mileage of 112k kms. What are the running repairs I might face if i bought this?

Is it a risk to buy this car instead of going for an unknown civic fd1 with low mileage?(civic might be better in terms of handling,but power wise both might be equal)

Cheers???

IMO when buying a used car it's always better to go for a known car - one that you know has been properly taken care of. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Cheers???

dude, if the car is well known and has been cared for, 112k is nothing... Get it checked out at the agents or an independent inspection place to be on the safe side and go for it, eyes closed. The FD civic is a fun car but finding a good example is getting tougher now. And the Axio will definitely be more comfortable overall than the Civic, though the Civic may have the edge on handling perhaps. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Cheers???

Go for The Luxel, it' simple, you know the History of the Car than Unknown Car. as iRage mentioned, this specimen looks fully loaded as well. for 2ZR-FE, those are very solidly built engines (Family owned a Premio with the Same Engine). get it checked with the agents, and change the usual suspension bits, such as lower arm bushes, D Bushes of Sway Bar etc.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2018 at 8:43 AM, BuBi said:

If you have driven a 121 which is clocked around 150,000 why are you afraid of the 112,000 of the Axio? Engine must be in perfect condition except for few minor issues which can be sorted out by regular bass uncle. 

Macho, bear in mind that all most all cars in Sri Lanka have concocted mileages. Don't go and look for low mileage cars but look for car with good engine and body.

P.S. The cool civics were actually the cars from 1990s. They haven't made a JDM hero after the EK series except for the brand new model they released recently IMHO.

Thanks for your opinion???

• Like 1