• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need your valueble opinion for buying Allion 2002/2003

darshana3g

Question

Hi Guys,

I am interest on buying Toyota Allion 2002/2003 or Premio 2002 like car but Now it is 2018 which means those are 15,16 years old and most of the car have mileage over 1 laks, In other hand we have Yaris and Belta with 2007, 2008 manufactured so we can buy almost same prices as Allions. I am looking for 1500cc car but saw Premios has 1800cc only then fuel consumption should bad.

Need your opinions on either go for Allion/Premio or Yaris/Belta like cars?   

PS : Have a idea of Corolla 141 also but most of people saying don't buy it. Is there any specific reason for that?

Cheers!

Edited by darshana3g

14 answers to this question

First off Yaris/Belta belongs to the sub compact segment while Allion/Permio belongs to the compact segment. Therefore, naturally Allion/Premio is more powerful and spacious between the two models. Secondly do not pin your hopes on car's mileage. The Allion?Premio surely might have done over 150,000 by now and Yaris/Belta must have passed the 100,000 mark. So, choose your priorities wisely. Do some checking in this forum for the fuel consumption rates of the cars you are interested in. I don't think Allions and Premios does badly on fuel even in 1800cc models. 

59 minutes ago, BuBi said:

First off Yaris/Belta belongs to the sub compact segment while Allion/Permio belongs to the compact segment. Therefore, naturally Allion/Premio is more powerful and spacious between the two models. Secondly do not pin your hopes on car's mileage. The Allion?Premio surely might have done over 150,000 by now and Yaris/Belta must have passed the 100,000 mark. So, choose your priorities wisely. Do some checking in this forum for the fuel consumption rates of the cars you are interested in. I don't think Allions and Premios does badly on fuel even in 1800cc models. 

55 minutes ago, hrm said:

Both Allion and Premio has 1500cc variants and are the most common here. Yaris/Belta about two segments lower than them.

Thanks for your comments, what about the age, Allion/Premio more than 15 years old are they strong enough for the next few years?

17 minutes ago, darshana3g said:

Thanks for your comments, what about the age, Allion/Premio more than 15 years old are they strong enough for the next few years?

Age is a little issue for the Allion/Permio models. The main problem will be finding the body parts, unless of course if you live close to Colombo. Other than that they won't give much trouble as they are solid and reliable cars with good resale value. 

11 hours ago, darshana3g said:

There are mint first owner cars but most of the time owners doesn't want to sell them. Hacked ones appear for sale usually with a higher price tag.

If properly taken cared they would serve just fine.

1 hour ago, manjulabw said:

Under toyota mark dont buy those shit?! U must care abt ur hard earn money so try 

Vitz 2015-6-7

Baleno 2016-7

G11

Demio or 3

Dont buy hacked thing on experience price

Even you pay more brand name in SL

I am not much interest on hatch back, had Nissan so need some different driving experience

If I was you I would be more interested in the 1800cc Premio/Allion than the 1500cc.

1. The 1800cc is more smoother than 1500cc as it has more power.

2. As you have stated they are 15-16 year old cars hence an engine which has struggled more would have been worn out more than the one which worked easily with less stress 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, darshana3g said:

Hi Guys,

I am interest on buying Toyota Allion 2002/2003 or Premio 2002 like car but Now it is 2018 which means those are 15,16 years old and most of the car have mileage over 1 laks, In other hand we have Yaris and Belta with 2007, 2008 manufactured so we can buy almost same prices as Allions. I am looking for 1500cc car but saw Premios has 1800cc only then fuel consumption should bad.

Need your opinions on either go for Allion/Premio or Yaris/Belta like cars?   

PS : Have a idea of Corolla 141 also but most of people saying don't buy it. Is there any specific reason for that?

Cheers!

Allion, premio, belta and yaris are good cars but with well maintained conditions as all of them are used more than 10 years. My personal feeling is most of them close to 2lack millage. Even with that millage they do better if they maintained well.

I suggest you Mazda Axela also a very good reliable car but do less in fuel than Allion. But comport-ability and driving satisfaction is far better.

Any of above selections, do consider the maintenance history records.......