Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Nilusha_1

Comments on CIVIC 1.0L Turbo Hatch (Fuel consumption in SL roads..etc)

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, Nilusha_1 said:

Please give comments on the usage of  new Civic 1.0L turbo hatch in Sri Lanka.

They've just barely got here, the first ones have JUST been registered, how do you expect to get any meaningful comments just yet?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

They've just barely got here, the first ones have JUST been registered, how do you expect to get any meaningful comments just yet?

Yeah..but the users know something more than us even though they just started using the car recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 i know it is not related. What do you think of NISSAN QASHQAI TEKNA some sellers are offering this at 9.0Mn and agents are going to price at Rs.10-11Mn looks a good option

Edited by Quiet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, Quiet said:

 i know it is not related. What do you think of NISSAN QASHQAI TEKNA some sellers are offering this at 9.0Mn and agents are going to price at Rs.10-11Mn looks a good option

Itz like 1.5 times the civic. If i could I would have gone for the 3008 from the agents for 8.5 mln instead of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Anyone let us know the fuel consumption (in Sri Lanka) of Honda Civic 1.0 turbo hatchback 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, MalithCS said:

Anyone let us know the fuel consumption (in Sri Lanka) of Honda Civic 1.0 turbo hatchback 

Ask 'Nilusha_1' via PM. :P

Edited by gNaveendra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm getting around 12kmpl (shows up as 8 liters for 100 km in the dash) in average daily drive in Colombo with moderate to somewhat heavy traffic. Recently I was on the highway from Athurugiriya to Kadawatha and it did around 19kmpl in that trip.  

Driving experience in this car is awesome and it hugs the road like nothing. Handling is superb and it's a pleasure to drive. The engine and the turbo seems to work together well and it packs quite a punch. It feels way more than a 1 liter engine.

Edited by Link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm getting 10+ kmpl during rush hour. This is with the Eco mode on 50% of the time and the engine auto stop on. i still see it improving as I'm still on second tank of gas. Haven't done outstation trips etc, running under 80kmph and 4000 rpm waiting for the engine to break in ( another 500kms to go).

-Edit-

I'm compiling a list of things I like and don't like about this car, for now it's a mixed bag. Will share it soon.

Edited by Insedious
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

As promised, here are some things I got my attention my brand spanking new 2018 Civic SR. 

 

  • Fuse box location. it's right under the dash, I found the only way to access it properly was to sit up side down on the divers seat.
  • No HID unless you go for Tech pack which will give you LED. The best option was to get put some LED lights in the low and the high beams, and it worked like the charm, even the auto high beam played ball with it.
  • Lack of Spare tire  
  • The car is like Frankenstein's Monster (Lights from Hungary,Seat Belts from Rumania). This is not something that's putting me off the car. I thought I'd mention it.
  • Accessibility for light bulb changes. Other than the head lights, others will require some mechanical knowledge and some lights (i.e. the number plate light I think) come as one unit. 
  • Missing sections of the harness. For missing options, unlike in other cars they have saved the harness for unused options, ergo you can't get away by just adding the auto dimming mirror, you have to wire the harness from the fuse box.
  • Garmin navigation hardcoded for Europe.
  • Can’t see the Turbo performance in SR
  • Second row head room is rather limited if you are above 5'10"
  • Reduced visibility/darker cabin due to smaller windows at the back
  • Fabric trim in the center console and the door cars are like magnets for sweat and dirt

Again, these are things I noticed, doesn't mean I don't like the car, will share the things I found to be nice as well. Just thought I share it so people will see a well balanced picture.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, Link said:

I'm getting around 12kmpl (shows up as 8 liters for 100 km in the dash) in average daily drive in Colombo with moderate to somewhat heavy traffic. Recently I was on the highway from Athurugiriya to Kadawatha and it did around 19kmpl in that trip.  

Driving experience in this car is awesome and it hugs the road like nothing. Handling is superb and it's a pleasure to drive. The engine and the turbo seems to work together well and it packs quite a punch. It feels way more than a 1 liter engine.

Fantastic. I am very much preferred to have this beauty. Was thinking about the fuel consumption, since I am travelling over 2500km per month. (not much through Urban areas)

Still, mind spinning around Grace and Civic 1.0T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

No wonder,its the same Gasoline Direct Injection technology from German supplier Bosch, used in a wide range of 1L Turbo engines including Audi and VWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I want to commit suicide,do you think its more economical to roll down a mountain in my car in neutral or push the car from outside and jump when it  goes over the clip?

 

I dont wont to waste fuel and lessen the resale value!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Insedious said:

As promised, here are some things I got my attention my brand spanking new 2018 Civic SR. 

 

  • Fuse box location. it's right under the dash, I found the only way to access it properly was to sit up side down on the divers seat.
  • No HID unless you go for Tech pack which will give you LED. The best option was to get put some LED lights in the low and the high beams, and it worked like the charm, even the auto high beam played ball with it.
  • Lack of Spare tire  
  • The car is like Frankenstein's Monster (Lights from Hungary,Seat Belts from Rumania). This is not something that's putting me off the car. I thought I'd mention it.
  • Accessibility for light bulb changes. Other than the head lights, others will require some mechanical knowledge and some lights (i.e. the number plate light I think) come as one unit. 
  • Missing sections of the harness. For missing options, unlike in other cars they have saved the harness for unused options, ergo you can't get away by just adding the auto dimming mirror, you have to wire the harness from the fuse box.
  • Garmin navigation hardcoded for Europe.
  • Can’t see the Turbo performance in SR
  • Second row head room is rather limited if you are above 5'10"
  • Reduced visibility/darker cabin due to smaller windows at the back
  • Fabric trim in the center console and the door cars are like magnets for sweat and dirt

Again, these are things I noticed, doesn't mean I don't like the car, will share the things I found to be nice as well. Just thought I share it so people will see a well balanced picture.

What did you mean by "can't see the Turbo performance" ? Is it that SR doesn't have the turbo gauge in instrument display?

Edited by Goro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/18/2018 at 11:04 AM, MalithCS said:

any latest updates? regarding fuel consumption? And pros and cons of Civic 1.0?

I was able to get 25km/L on highway when speed is maintained around 90kmph. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Goro said:

What did you mean by "can't see the Turbo performance" ? Is it that SR doesn't have the turbo gauge in instrument display?

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Goro said:

What did you mean by "can't see the Turbo performance" ? Is it that SR doesn't have the turbo gauge in instrument display?

EX doesn't have it either. I don't think it comes any of the 1.0 models. Only on the 1.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

My Honda Civic Sedan EX 1.0L, as per dash board fuel consumption not cross 8 Km per Ltr. Even High ways it does max 8.

So far I drove 2000 Km. may be later on fuel consumption do well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

 what's the current mileage?

use synthetic engine oil, keep the tyres pumped up, and the air filter clean,..and you should get a decent efficiency to what our fuel stations call a liter,..#

TT.

 

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, Damien79 said:

My Honda Civic Sedan EX 1.0L, as per dash board fuel consumption not cross 8 Km per Ltr. Even High ways it does max 8.

So far I drove 2000 Km. may be later on fuel consumption do well. 

The car takes a while to break in. But 8km/l is normal in colombo traffic. It will do much more on expressways. I have a civic hatch and the first 1000kms had very poor fuel consumption. Once things had loosened up it got much better 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, Twin Turbo said:

 what's the current mileage?

use synthetic engine oil, keep the tyres pumped up, and the air filter clean,..and you should get a decent efficiency to what our fuel stations call a liter,..#

TT.

 

Current mileage 2200Km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/8/2019 at 9:26 PM, Damien79 said:

Current mileage 2200Km

Run-in the engine to at least 10.000 km.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, Damien79 said:

My Honda Civic Sedan EX 1.0L, as per dash board fuel consumption not cross 8 Km per Ltr. Even High ways it does max 8.

So far I drove 2000 Km. may be later on fuel consumption do well. 

Whats the best octane type for the civic sedan 1.0L?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×